cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC ADAPTOR (97% PLUGGED-IN; NOT CHARGING) and DISCHARGING OF BATTERY

ruzzelaghero
Level 7
AC ADAPTOR related Question:

*I always plug my AC ADAPTOR everytime I run may Laptop and monitor the battery status or percentage of my battery. When i bought it, is always shows 100%. Just this past few days I noticed it saying 97%(plugged-in;not charging). Last night, while monitoring the charging of battery, i’ve noticed it says “1hr 30min before full charge” but please takenote the percentage of my battery is in 97%. Then hovering the mouse cursor on the battery icon, it says “97% (plugged-in; discharging). I called the store personnel this morning to inquire about this and he just said it looks like my laptop is set to 97% battery status before it starts to charge again but he can’t explain the discharging process. Also, he told me I set it to 97% but don’t remember i made it. Don’t even know how to set it. Does anyone here experienced same scenario? If yes, how were you able to resolved it? Any suggestions? Thanks! Cheers! 
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
It is normal for a laptop to discharge above 90%, then charge again. It helps the battery last longer than constantly charging it at 100%.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It is normal for a laptop to discharge above 90%, then charge again. It helps the battery last longer than constantly charging it at 100%.

Thanks! xeromist! I am now using ASUS BATTERY APP

ruzzelaghero wrote:
Thanks! xeromist! I am now using ASUS BATTERY APP

Yes, your best bet would be to use the 60% option for extended life.

StarJack