cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

702 BIOS for the Maximus XI Hero (WiFi) made a huge difference

Chasmnodai
Level 7
Over the last month I was trying all sorts of tweaks to get a stable system. The AI tuning didn't like my CPU at all, throttling me back to 4.7GHz on 6 of 8 cores.

Updated to the new BIOS, set the XMP profile and it booted at 5 GHz on 8 cores, did 24 hours of Prime95, and gives me decent benchmark results without further tweeking. Now if I just didn't have an issue with the MB RGB being so faint it isn't noticeable and AURA not even recognizing that there is a MB (but finds RGB lighting on the 3 pin header).

Here's some results from today, after the stability testing:

May still do some tweaking on the video card.
2 REPLIES 2

Menthol
Level 14
Chasmnodai wrote:
Over the last month I was trying all sorts of tweaks to get a stable system. The AI tuning didn't like my CPU at all, throttling me back to 4.7GHz on 6 of 8 cores.

Updated to the new BIOS, set the XMP profile and it booted at 5 GHz on 8 cores, did 24 hours of Prime95, and gives me decent benchmark results without further tweeking. Now if I just didn't have an issue with the MB RGB being so faint it isn't noticeable and AURA not even recognizing that there is a MB (but finds RGB lighting on the 3 pin header).

Here's some results from today, after the stability testing:

May still do some tweaking on the video card.

Glad to hear your system is running great, don't know why your having AURA issues, working good on my XI Gene, but ya LED's on front of motherboard are not as bright as they were on Z370 boards in my experience, but that's fine with me

Menthol wrote:
Glad to hear your system is running great, don't know why your having AURA issues, working good on my XI Gene, but ya LED's on front of motherboard are not as bright as they were on Z370 boards in my experience, but that's fine with me

I've looked at some of the videos of the board running and the RGB lights seem clearly visible. In my case, with every other light in the case turned off, and the room lights off, they are still barely noticeable. When I talked to tech support they were of the opinion that because the AURA software doesn't recognize the motherboard I should return it. Unfortunately, it's from a custom builder, and while under warranty (which includes shipping) I'd be looking at no less than 3 weeks without the box and it's now my primary desktop. The stability issues were motivating me to return it, but now I'm not so sure.