cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unread posts icon issues

Melting_Point
Level 10
I have 2 issues with the image that lets you know if there are posts in a thread which you have note seen yet. This one:

Issue 1: It keeps telling me that there are posts in a thread, and when I open it, there are no new posts.

Issue 2: I see threads that I know have posts in them which I have not read, but the icon does not show.

As you might imagine, the combination of these 2 issues leaves the icon of little use. I've made good use of other such icons on other forums, and it's just a little depressing when this one doesn't work. *SIGH*

Of course, I could have completely misinterpreted the meaning of this icon. If that is indeed the case, then could someone please let me know what this icon is actually for, and I'll start another thread suggesting an unread posts icon. 🙂
Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
PSU: OCZ ZX1250
Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE
1 REPLY 1

HiVizMan
Level 40
I must be honest I do not trust the icons or any of those things to tell me if there are new posts.

The new posts search function is the only one I use.

But so noted and passed on to the firmware people.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.