Chziime
Level 7
I just finished building the following:

Asus Crosshair VII Hero
Ryzen 2700X
GeForce 1080ti (from previous PC)
G.Skill TridentZ 2x16GB 3200MHz 14 latency RAM
Fractal Meshify C case

And it will not display anything at all after boot-up. There is an error code 46 with an orange light. While the manual says nothing of a code 46, it says that an orange light is RAM-related. All of the lights come on, and I tried resetting the CPU/GPU/re-arranging RAM slots, and nothing. I tried:

-Different RAM from BestBuy - Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GB 3000MHz 16 latency, in different slots, same thing. In fact, the RBG doesn't even light up on the RAM.
-Using HDMI instead of DisplayPort
-Resetting CMOS
-Pressing that "Safe Boot" button

Everything is plugged in correctly, as far as I know. Again - it all runs and lights up, but doesn't display anything. What else can I try? Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Sinner37
Level 9
Are you sure the RAM is seated properly? The ram slots on both CH7's Ive had (one RMA, now this one) weren't really great. The RAM had to be inserted almost perfectly level or it won't fit, almost like the cutouts on the slots are a micrometer to small for the RAM. Then once I get it in, it looks like its in, but it's not and I had to REALLY press down hard to pop it in place. Now I say "really hard" I don't mean working on a truck and slamming a metal part into another metal part hard, I am speaking in terms of computer "hard" /laugh. On the Gigabyte Gaming 7 I have, the RAM fit way easier.

Also if its in for sure, could be a faulty CPU since the memory controller is on it, not the motherboard... Know anyone who has a am4 system who would let you test the cpu in their system or has a Ryzen cpu they would let you test in your's?

Sinner37 wrote:
Are you sure the RAM is seated properly? The ram slots on both CH7's Ive had (one RMA, now this one) weren't really great. The RAM had to be inserted almost perfectly level or it won't fit, almost like the cutouts on the slots are a micrometer to small for the RAM. Then once I get it in, it looks like its in, but it's not and I had to REALLY press down hard to pop it in place. Now I say "really hard" I don't mean working on a truck and slamming a metal part into another metal part hard, I am speaking in terms of computer "hard" /laugh. On the Gigabyte Gaming 7 I have, the RAM fit way easier.

Also if its in for sure, could be a faulty CPU since the memory controller is on it, not the motherboard... Know anyone who has a am4 system who would let you test the cpu in their system or has a Ryzen cpu they would let you test in your's?

Oh my god, that was it. I pushed the RAM in hard on one end, but not on the other!

BUT... now I still don't post, and I have error code 0d with a yellow light.

EDIT - I tried the "Reset CMOS then immediately press the mobo START button" trick and POSTED, yesss. I'll keep updated if anything else fails...

Sinner37
Level 9
good to hear. Good luck 😃