cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE: Maximus Hero Xi may not fit your case due to screw alignment issues

phatmonkey
Level 9
Corsair 900D case, bottom screw holes line up, middle line up, top holes are off by a few millimetres.
It has nothing to do with the IO not clicking into place, that is fine, on my case there is a standoff in the center which fits into the center hole of a motherboard, you cannot remove the standoff. You cannot slide the board forward or back once the motherboard sits on the standoff. I was able to angle screw the top holes in gently without damaging the motherboard, I have noticed other people with different cases from other manufactures with similar issues.
My previous mobo was the rog formula x and that was lined up perfectly, so this post serves as a heads up for those thinking of investing in the hero xi...
Cheers
Ryan
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

6 REPLIES 6

pkincy
Level 8
Mine also had slight misalignment problems, but as you did I was able to get the screws in. I started with the center fixed post. I could then get the outer holes about right but the inners wouldn't quite line up. With a little work I was able to get it in. I am in a Define R6 case with a XI Hero (wifi).

Yes I had to bend the top row standoffs a bit on my Master Case MC500 chassis, the middle and bottom were fine top ones were off .

Feklar
Level 8
Must be a random issue. I have both a MXIE and a MXIH and all the mounting holes line up exactly in my Phanteks Evolv X case.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
got same situation on the CodeXI but is not the board. IOt happens on a old board. check the aliegments and ok. (did measures) in mi code I have to press slightly and went ok My case is a H700 Nzxt.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I've the same problem with my Thermaltake Suppressor F31

rjbarker
Level 11
Same thing here...had to push very hard on the outer edge of the Board to line up the top holes......previous Board was a RIVE with no such issues....I think its the built in I/O Shield...... MXI-E and 900D