cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dmark graphic test 2 - decrease in fps.

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Hello.
My pc:
2x16GB DDR4
Corsair 750 RmX
Asus Prime Z390-A
Aorus 2080 Ti

Yesterday i run 3dmark and have score:

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/17925202

Graphics Score 35 418

Graphics Test 1 173.82 fps
Graphics Test 2 138.23 fps

Today i run few times and have scores between 34100-34300 points.

Graphics Test 1 173.51 fps
Graphics Test 2 129.95 fps <----

I observed that graphic test 2 have 8 fps less everytime.
Its not thermal issue or system. Drivers yesterday was the same,system etc,nothing changed,any ideas?
Newest nvidia drivers have now.
8 REPLIES 8

Menthol
Level 14
The first run after a system restart will usually have the highest score, if you run the benchmark multiple times one after the other your score may decrees a little every time, and yes heat will be part of the issue unless you let the system set idle for awhile between runs

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Heat doesnt matter. Cpu temp is 40C and Gpu 55C :).

And no matter what , gpu test 1 is not fluctuating. Only Gpu test 2 doing this. Even when i tick single Gpu test 2 ,it will show 130fps ,or 135fps or 138fpx max on final score.

JustinThyme
Level 13
double post from edit......again

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme
Level 13
Trust me when I say that if anything benchmark related comes out of Menthol's mouth......or keyboard entry you should take note and move on. Go look at virtually every leader board for every benchmark know to man and you will see Menthol in the top 10 if not #1. Only one Ive seen more consistent with the 1 spot is Kingpin who does LN2 or He to go WAY subzero and will spend days if not weeks and thousands of $$ on perfecting a single run.

Too many variables affest the scores and test 2 is the most intensive of the two. Do you have other things running, is drive indexing active, is AV on, how many background proccesses are running...I can go on forever. Something as simple as a background service starting while the bench is running changes everything.

Personally when Im doing bench runs, Like Menthol stated, I go with a fresh boot using selective start up with as few services as I can get away with, if safe mode would work id do that. Then I leave it sit a minute or two after the boot for services to settle. Got a window open? Thats a hit. Too many icons on your desktop? Thats a hit. Gsync enabled? Thats a hit. Web browser open? Thats a hit. Anything but a black background on your desktop....thats a hit. I can go on for an hour or more.....Even little hits add up.....Even the Aorus GPU pi$$ing off the ASUS MOBO.

Cant help you much if you dont use a score from a standard test instead of a modified one that give you ZERO

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme
Level 13
Heres my lame underclocked FS run just now not on a fresh boot with everything running,

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/32592435

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
And its random,sometimes have 135,138fps and 130fps.

I observed that graphic test 2 have 8 fps less everytime and sometimes not.

Doesnt matter if i wait after boot or not. Its random. And nothing in background.

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
I RESOLVED !! I TURNED GSYNC OFF IN NVIDIA PANEL!!! AND 138FPS ALWAYS AFTER TEST. WOW never suspect that gsync will cause this.

Menthol
Level 14
Well at least you figured out what it was, the benchmark does warn of this