cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio static/ distortion left side on HD audio header (front panel)

rckrz6
Level 7
I have this weird issue with static/distortion on the left channel of any headphones using the onboard front HD audio header/port. The port on the I/O panel works fine. If i change the bitrate to 192k 24 bit or 192k 16 bit the noise goes away. its only present at the default 48k 24bit and the 48k 16 bit options. i tried connecting a different front audio panel to the header to see if it made any changes but it didn't. You think this is a defective board or just a software/hardware issue

Hero XI
2 REPLIES 2

rckrz6
Level 7
It looks like asus doesn't update there audio drivers on the support page and you have to find them in a forum thread (kind of stupid) after updating issue still there :(:(

JustinThyme
Level 13
Never been a fan of the on board audio for any board. Its mostly the amps. Havent even found a sound card that meets my demands. I use the optical out and an external DAC that reproduces beautifully and sits on my desk in front of me for volume control going to speakers and it also has a headphone jack.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein