cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX11000 COD Missing 2.4 Band?

btrach144
Level 7
Hello All,

I have had the AX11000 COD Edition for a few weeks now. I mainly set it up and then got busy with the holidays. When setting it up, I enabled 'smart connect' to manage the 3 bands.

I seemed to be having troubles with my iPhone getting a good connection so I turned off 'smart connect' and rebooted the router. I live in a large apartment building so I manually set the Wi-Fi channels to see if this brought relief. It did.

Only thing now though is my 2.4 GHz band is missing.

• I tried re-flashing the firmware
  • I tried resetting the router to factory defaults
  • I've tried naming each of the 3 bands different names with no luck. The 2.4 GHz light is on.
  • I put the router back into 'smart connect' mode. Devices are being routed to both 5 GHz bands but no devices seem to be auto routing to the 2.4 GHz band.

No luck at all. Any ideas on what else to try? I've got a bachelors degree in networking and I'm at wits end. Is this a hardware failure?
2 REPLIES 2

stewart_1
Level 8
btrach144 wrote:
Hello All,

I have had the AX11000 COD Edition for a few weeks now. I mainly set it up and then got busy with the holidays. When setting it up, I enabled 'smart connect' to manage the 3 bands.

I seemed to be having troubles with my iPhone getting a good connection so I turned off 'smart connect' and rebooted the router. I live in a large apartment building so I manually set the Wi-Fi channels to see if this brought relief. It did.

Only thing now though is my 2.4 GHz band is missing.

• I tried re-flashing the firmware
  • I tried resetting the router to factory defaults
  • I've tried naming each of the 3 bands different names with no luck. The 2.4 GHz light is on.
  • I put the router back into 'smart connect' mode. Devices are being routed to both 5 GHz bands but no devices seem to be auto routing to the 2.4 GHz band.

No luck at all. Any ideas on what else to try? I've got a bachelors degree in networking and I'm at wits end. Is this a hardware failure?

Go to Administration>Feedback and complete a feedback form including de-bugging information. You can PM your email so I can then make sure the Network team can assess the log files and see if it is a hardware failure.

stewart@asus wrote:
Go to Administration>Feedback and complete a feedback form including de-bugging information. You can PM your email so I can then make sure the Network team can assess the log files and see if it is a hardware failure.

PM'd and sent the necessary info.