New ROGer Array

Lightbulb Asus Zenbook Pro - ScreenPad Toolbar missing functionalities

Hi All,

[[ TLDR on the bottom. ]]

This is my first post ever on a forum so please excuse me for any inconvenience. I was redirected here by Asus Support to post a new thread here for a functionality I think is very usefull.

I recently bought my new Asus Zenbook Pro and it was pre-installed with the ScreenPad Toolbar software. This contained all main functionality for the ScreenPad. Many other apps, used by ScreenPad Toolbar, were also pre-installed like Spotify, Calculator, Office, etc...

Now when I started playing around one of the first functionalities I came across is the Customize Toolbar setting from ScreenPad Toolbar. With this I could turn on/off toolbar apps. This came in very handy. However... Microsoft Store updated all my apps including ScreenPad Toolbar. With this new version I can't customize my toolbar anymore.

TLDR:
    There are a few functionalities I would like to see back in the ScreenPad Toolbar App:
    • Customize Toolbar: Turn on/off apps
    • Customize Toolbar: Set order of apps
    • Wallpaper: Change Wallpaper
    • ScreenPad Toolbar: Correctly update apps in Toolbar without having to reinstall ScreenPad Toolbar

Kind regards,

New ROGer Array

Same issue with screenpad.

Hi. I have the same issue, and I have been asking to Asus what to do since 1 month ago, but until now no solution.
    I thought it was something about windows, because I made a clean installation of windows and after that the screenpad and my audio device are not longer working properly. But recently I reinstalled the OEM for this model and did not help.

Do you have some issue with audio too? Some people who are experimenting the screenpad issue also has the audio issue. The problem with audio is the speakers has a maximum power of 50%. despite the volume is set to 100%. Have you noticed less sound power? You can checkit by right click on speaker icon and select "sounds" option. Then chose the "playback" option shile listening to a very loud song with 100% volume. The bars should be at least 80 - 90% green.

If you drag all the way down the screenpad toolbar, you will find there all the apps installed. You have to press and hold the app you want to appear on toolbar and then drag to the place you want it.

If you find some solution please write me.

Kind regards,

Santy

New ROGer Array

Hi Santy,

Thank you very much for replying!

ScreenPad
    I'm now able to customize my toolbar and it looks good! However, it isn't clear how this functionality works like this haha
    Do you have a solution for changing the wallpaper on the ScreenPad?

Audio
    I had the same problem with audio. The solution for me was to clean install windows again. I do have a backup of all originally installed drivers. If you're interested I can share these with you?

Kind regards,
    mowgly

New ROGer Array

Hi mowgly,

Happy your toolbar is ok now.
    No, until now there is not solution for the wallpaper, or even the screensaver. I asked on reddit if anybody knows where is located the original wallpaper or the screensaver video, but no answer...

Yes please! If you can send me the original drivers I will be very grateful. My email: santyabril@gmail.com

Kind regards,

Santy.