cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite III w/ GPU Tweak II = no good

Martines91
Level 7
So I've noticed, AI Suite get's ****ed up when using GPU Tweak II, meaning that literally cold air blows from the radiator of Ryujin 360 yet AI Suite starts to show that CPU has over 75°C and my system shuts down, even though the real temperature is somewhere around 30-40°C
As for GPU Tweak well, that software does not remember its settings

Edit: oh boy, nevermind that, apparently Ryujin 360 can go sub zero, it's showing the CPU temp of -1°C, how awesome is that!
9 REPLIES 9

panzlock
Level 12
There is no clear cut solution for Ai Suite, but as an alternate for your GPU, use MSI Afterburner.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

From all the various posts in the forums, lots of folks do struggle with these programs. That said, there is no inherent problem with the programs working together. I run AI Suite III and GPU Tweak II together and they work fine. I do think, however, that clean installations of the software without any windows registry pollution is required.

I would uninstall both programs. Clean reboots in between. Then download and run AI Suite III Cleaner here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95038-AI-Suite-3-cleaner

Reinstall AI Suite (latest version from your motherboard download page) and see if your temps in AIS are reporting correctly. If they are, they should report correctly in Live Dash for the Cooler. Once all that is working then re-install GPU Tweak II. Make sure to get the latest version.

Keep in mind AI Suite III is specific for your motherboard. Be sure to use the latest one from the support page for your board even if it is an older version.

JustinThyme
Level 13
AI suite just plain sucks. Always has.*
GPU tweak is buggy but once you figure out the work arounds it’s mostly useable. With ASUS 2080 cards you have no choice, after burner cannot access the card*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
AI suite just plain sucks. Always has.*
GPU tweak is buggy but once you figure out the work arounds it’s mostly useable. With ASUS 2080 cards you have no choice, after burner cannot access the card*

Justin,

We all know what you think about Ai Suite. You're not shy about it on the forums. Unfortunately the OP has an issue with his Ryujin AIO and it needs AI Suite to control the pump speed and fan curves. Frankly for me AI Suite III works great and I enjoy the customization for my Ryjiun as well as my case fans. When its set up right it does a fine job.

Of course if you have any other ideas how we can help the OP with getting his AIO running correctly that would be great.

mdzcpa wrote:
Justin,

We all know what you think about Ai Suite. You're not shy about it on the forums. Unfortunately the OP has an issue with his Ryujin AIO and it needs AI Suite to control the pump speed and fan curves. Frankly for me AI Suite III works great and I enjoy the customization for my Ryjiun as well as my case fans. When its set up right it does a fine job.

Of course if you have any other ideas how we can help the OP with getting his AIO running correctly that would be great.

I just purchased the Ryujin 360. I have an z270e gaming mobo. When I plug the 360 into the aio pump port I get a cpu fan speed error. I have disabled all that and it still won’t work. If I plug it into the cpu fan port I can boot into windows. But then when I go into AI Suite 3 all the fans are mixed up and it’s reading them in the wrong spots. CPU fan adjust the liquid pump not the cpu fans. There are two boxes labeled ryujin 360 fan. Both control the little fan in the cooling block. There is no way to control the three main fans. So I can’t use it on Cpu fan and I can’t ise it on the aio pump port. I’m so confused. Both are Asus products they should work seemleasly together. It’s making me question my loyalty to Asus.*

sgtqman19 wrote:
I just purchased the Ryujin 360. I have an z270e gaming mobo. When I plug the 360 into the aio pump port I get a cpu fan speed error. I have disabled all that and it still won’t work. If I plug it into the cpu fan port I can boot into windows. But then when I go into AI Suite 3 all the fans are mixed up and it’s reading them in the wrong spots. CPU fan adjust the liquid pump not the cpu fans. There are two boxes labeled ryujin 360 fan. Both control the little fan in the cooling block. There is no way to control the three main fans. So I can’t use it on Cpu fan and I can’t ise it on the aio pump port. I’m so confused. Both are Asus products they should work seemleasly together. It’s making me question my loyalty to Asus.*

I recommend plugging the Ryujin pump speed connector into the CPU FAN 1 header instead of the AIO header as it allows for better more granular pump speed control. Obviously, when you plug your Ryujin pump header into the CPU FAN header, Fan Expert thinks that is a CPU fan, that is why it is labelled as such in Fan Expert. If that bothers you, simply re-name the fan in Fan Expert to say "Ryujin Pump" or something like that. You can set a custom curve on your pump using the CPU Fan header. Just be sure to keep a minimum RPM as running a pump too low is not healthy for the pump or your temps.

Second, there should be 2 other RYUJIN FAN selections under Fan Expert. They say the same thing, but one does control the on block fan and the other controls the radiator fans. Be sure you have your radiator fans connected correctly to the RYUJIN fan connectors. The 4 pin connector of the RYJUIN must be populated to read and control fan speeds.

Double check your fan connections. Then go back into Fan Expert and adjust one of the RYUJIN fan curves at a time. If you are still getting both Fan Curves controlling only the on block fan, I would remove and re-install AI Suite III. Be sure you are using the latest AIS and firm ware for the RYJUIN from the RYUJIN 360 Support Page.

mdzcpa
Level 12
One other idea for the OP, make sure you do not run any other monitoring software while you are debugging AI Suite. Sometimes multiple monitoring software can conflict with one another. Once AIS is running, you can always try another program if you like. I use Hardware Monitor when benching and it does not conflict with AIS.

Martines91
Level 7
This situation happens mostly after I finish gaming, either AI suite or GPU tweak forget to turn up the fans and either CPU or GPU overheats and system shuts itself down. Is there any plans for AI Suite IV?

Martines91 wrote:
This situation happens mostly after I finish gaming, either AI suite or GPU tweak forget to turn up the fans and either CPU or GPU overheats and system shuts itself down. Is there any plans for AI Suite IV?

Are you running the latest software as I noted above? Did you uninstall AIS, use the cleaner program and then reinstall the latest AIS?
Have you tried running ONLY AI Suite III and see if the fan curves on the AIO cooler are running correctly in this manner?

Need more info to trouble shoot this. I have 2 systems at home running the Ryujin with AIS III and GPU Tweak II without issue. It can be done.