cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRIME Z390P Monitor will not wake up after long standby/sleep

rajthampi
Level 7
Hi guys

Recently I built a new box with PRIME Z390P motherboard and STRIX GTX 1050ti. I am not a gamer, database developer & occasionally enjoy editing family videos. Now I have an issue. Once I shutdown my desktop machine (mostly by 10pm every day), next morning when I turn it on, the monitor doesn't wake up! I have to push the power button of the monitor (subsequent start ups doesn't have this issue) to bring the display.
I read an article discussing about PLL Over voltage (https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-a-monitor-not-waking-up-after-sleep/). Does it apply to my motherboard? I checked for the BIOS area for the specifics those are mentioned in the article, however the parameter ""Internal PLL OverVoltage"" does not allow me to change from auto (no other values available)

Please help me to resolve this problem. My monitor is Samsung s22f350fhm, which works perfectly with my other computer.

regards,
7 REPLIES 7

rajthampi
Level 7
rajthampi wrote:
Hi guys

Recently I built a new box with PRIME Z390P motherboard and STRIX GTX 1050ti. I am not a gamer, database developer & occasionally enjoy editing family videos. Now I have an issue. Once I shutdown my desktop machine (mostly by 10pm every day), next morning when I turn it on, the monitor doesn't wake up! I have to push the power button of the monitor (subsequent start ups doesn't have this issue) to bring the display.
I read an article discussing about PLL Over voltate (https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-a-monitor-not-waking-up-after-sleep/). Does it apply to my motherboard? I checked for the BIOS area for the specifics those are mentioned in the article, however the parameter ""Internal PLL OverVoltage"" does not allow me to change from auto (no other values available)

Please help me to resolve this problem. My monitor is Samsung s22f350fhm, which works perfectly with my other computer.

regards,

Strange to see that nobody else is having the same issue?! Well, today I've had the firmware and drivers for the Monitor updated and will post whether it is a firmware related issue. Hoping to resolve the weird issue forever.

rajthampi wrote:
Strange to see that nobody else is having the same issue?! Well, today I've had the firmware and drivers for the Monitor updated and will post whether it is a firmware related issue. Hoping to resolve the weird issue forever.

Okay guys, I did the firmware update for Samsung S22F340 monitor & it looks like the issues ARE currently addressed. I've kept the monitor switched on after shutting down the PC for almost 12 hours and it came online as soon as the PC was restarted. The firmware update did reset the settings though.

regards,

I had same problem with my monitor. Fixed it by changing the PSU. Read that someone had fixed his problem the same way so tried it and it worked.

Partially wrote:
I had same problem with my monitor. Fixed it by changing the PSU. Read that someone had fixed his problem the same way so tried it and it worked.

Nice addition to the contributions that is slowly growing :). My case, I have a XFX 850w PSU, that I believe is rock solid and holding the huge RIG I have.

thanks for your input.

Hello guys

I replaced my work monitor with a 24" S24F350 (the same series that I have at home) which had the exact issues as described with the initial post! I did live chat with Samsung support and they asked me to take the monitor to nearest workshop as this model is yet to have a fresh firmware!
Then I did the thing most of us don't do...going through the user manual & came to an area that narrates about "Off Timer". By default this option is turned on, with a four(4) hours interval. Ie, after 4 hours of idling, the monitor is turned OFF & the USER MUST press the power on button behind the monitor to turn it on. I believe Samsung understood this issue & OFF Timer defaults were changed to "OFF", which made me believe it was all about the firmware for my S22F350

I posted this finding, hoping it might help few others out there. So prior pulling your hairs off, check whether your particular monitor manages the power saving things itself.

regards,

XYchromosone
Level 10
that's great that you were able to work this out and thaNk you for posting your solution. Recently my AOC AG271QG monitor does not show nothing at post or after waking up from sleep unless I press the input source from the menu key built into the screen. But it works as it should once I force it to understand the source output from the mobo, which is HMDI through the iGPU.

XYchromosone wrote:
that's great that you were able to work this out and thaNk you for posting your solution. Recently my AOC AG271QG monitor does not show nothing at post or after waking up from sleep unless I press the input source from the menu key built into the screen. But it works as it should once I force it to understand the source output from the mobo, which is HMDI through the iGPU.

My SonyTV is almost 8 years old, the first one to have ARC. I used to bring laptops from work and plug to HDMI and amazed to see that this TV used to remember the resolution & other display properties for each of those laptops each time I connected them after months, or may be after years. I knew that "THESE" bloody things can "REMEMBER"

As I didn't get any responses from ASUS, I decided to check about the monitor, remembering during Windows XP days we used to install color profiles for ViewSonic CRT monitors. Anyway, I think this time I truly hit a jackpot by searching for Monitor firmware and duly updating it, causing the Monitor to flush the old settings completely and to recognize the new display parameters. I love to believe that, the monitor was remembering something about my old display card (nVidia GT550) & that was the root cause of all the troubles I had.

Hope you will find a solution soon for your monitor as well.