cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VG278Q – Adaptative Sync/FreeSync On – Monitor disconnect for a second when opening

Nevr0se
Level 7
As the title said, I have a weird problem with my band new Asus VG278Q.
Previously, I thought it was a problem related to « Deep Sleep » feature, but it’s not.

The scenario and problem :
When Adaptative Sync/FreeSync is activated (I do not have the problem when the feature is off) : when powering ON the monitor, the monitor disconnect completely from the PC for about 1 second. It might be normal, maybe the screen is activating the feature and need to be disconnected to make it work, but i’ve not found any documentation about this.

The result : I’m using dual monitor, and this VG278Q is my main. So when this monitor disconnect for 1 second, all my icon and Windows are switched to my secondary. After 1 second, when the VG278Q recovers, all my Icon and Windows are moved back to my primary. This situation also happens when the screen enter into Sleep mode (Windows Screen Sleep).

It is frustrating to move back, like 10 times a day, my window to my second monitor so I just deactivate the Adaptative Sync/FreeSync feature for now.

Need help on this.
2 REPLIES 2

Legolas
Level 9
Hello NevrOse,
Did you try swapping video cables? I believe you can not have adaptive sync/Freesync on both monitors. If you using mutlimonitor, please disable Freesync.
Sincerely,
Legolas

I am having the same issu with my Vg278Q on a dual monitor setup, Freesync on make Deep sleeping monitor and disconect reconect at each time. I would like to use Freesync but for the moment just leave it off becauze it's messing my desktop each time. New driver diden't work for fixing this. How to fix this witouth having to disable it ? Can Asus work on a option to just disable deep sleep on this monitor ?