cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390-E bios 0702

eth100
Level 7
UPDATE... Kombustor v4 glitches with 4xCPUs threads... on a different computer... need to look more for a reproducible fail....

===============
System always has intermittent short freezes under heavy load. Reproducible using Kombustor and running 32 threads CPU stress... happens faster if also running GPU test (Kombustor).
ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING BIOS 0702
i9-9900K

Swapped Ram, PSU, multiple GPUs, and integrated GPU (what's running now). Latest Bios. Default bios settings. Reset windows. No errors on memory checks (pulled a ram from a working system to be safe)

Detailed system config and crashes attached. The Kombustor crashes are related to starting HWINFO, also lots of reboots with some system confusion as I was swapping components..

I see a Hardware error at 7:40pm. Looks like its lost in a paging event.
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 3aa
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList
BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList

Thinking it's down to the CPU or MB... Thoughts?
21 REPLIES 21

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
eth100 wrote:
UPDATE... Kombustor v4 glitches with 4xCPUs threads... on a different computer... need to look more for a reproducible fail....

===============
System always has intermittent short freezes under heavy load. Reproducible using Kombustor and running 32 threads CPU stress... happens faster if also running GPU test (Kombustor).
i9-9900K

Swapped Ram, PSU, multiple GPUs, and integrated GPU (what's running now). Latest Bios. Default bios settings. Reset windows. No errors on memory checks (pulled a ram from a working system to be safe)

Detailed system config and crashes attached. The Kombustor crashes are related to starting HWINFO, also lots of reboots with some system confusion as I was swapping components..

I had issues with the 0702 and 0802 bios, try 0602, my issues are RAM related, I had serious stability issues when I first built this machine...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Most of the time system freezes short or long or just plain have to hit reset are SDRAM issues. Back off your SDRAM clock/timings or shoot some juice to the SDRAM. Not seeing what ram you are using and no offense but Im not downloading and extracting a zip.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
eth100 wrote:

===============
i9-9900K

Hi, can you confirm defaults also includes no XMP?
May wish to also

1. Check for over-tightening of stand-off screws surrounding the CPU and memory array

2. Reseat the CPU whilst checking for any bent pins and even mounting pressure

3. Use Ramtest to check memory stability *https://www.karhusoftware.com (Consider using 1 module at a time)
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

i have same issue, i have i7 9700K + Z390-E + 16 Go ram Gskill tridentz 3000Mhz
version bios is 602;
i have short freeze ( 1-3 seconds ) after 1 or 2 hours of use then the pc continue work or crash.
memtest ok, no overheating.

solution ?

thanks

stargate321 wrote:
i have same issue, i have i7 9700K + Z390-E + 16 Go ram Gskill tridentz 3000Mhz
version bios is 602;
i have short freeze ( 1-3 seconds ) after 1 or 2 hours of use then the pc continue work or crash.
memtest ok, no overheating.

solution ?

thanks

i have updated my bios to vers 702, upgrade chipset; i have same issue, after 2 hours of use ( game or internet) the pc freeze for 1 - 3 sec then continue work or crash.
iI brought my pc in computer store and the technician did not find a problem in the hardware. he think is a probleme with a driver or win 10 ; my vers of win 10 is 1803, i have try before the vers 1809, same issue.

Same issue on freezing but I have stayed on 0602 (XI Hero WiFi) so I suspect it is not a BIOS issue.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Can we please list system specs including actual part numbers of the RAM, all hardware specs, monitor or ccase not needed but MOBO, RAM, GPU, CPU, PSU.
Are any of these mixed kits? Are the kits on the QVL list?
Has anyone loaded optimized defaults in the BIOS, everything default, if you need to change something related to drives to boot then please list it. Disconnect all USB devices except KB and mouse.

People here like to help but so far whats posted is like calling a mechanic and telling them my car makes a funny sound, whats wrong.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

my system list

CPU: I7 9700K
MOBO: asus strix Z390-E
GPU: GTX980 4go ddr5 pny
PSU: NZXT 750 W
RAM: Gskill trident Z 16Go (2x8) 3000 MHz

MOBO is on default mode

I have the same issue, short freeze, 2-4 sec, then back to normal, no crashing. No events in Windows logs or anything else. bios 602. i9 9900k, memory 3000 XMP, leaving everything at default doesn't fix it.