cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 New Firmware - Discussion thread

broncogr
Level 10
Gt-AX11000 is still on firmware 3.0.0.4.384.5252 released on 2018/11/22
Meanwhile, the RT-ax88u has had multiple firmware updates and is now on 3.0.0.4.384.5640 released on 2019/01/18.
When will we see new firmware for the flagship ??
28 REPLIES 28

stefan063
Level 8
broncogr wrote:
Gt-AX11000 is still on firmware 3.0.0.4.384.5252 released on 2018/11/22
Meanwhile, the RT-ax88u has had multiple firmware updates and is now on 3.0.0.4.384.5640 released on 2019/01/18.
When will we see new firmware for the flagship ??

It may be flagship by HW and SW, but that's where "flagship" ends... It is the same story like with GT-AC5300... They are fixing and updating more cheaper router from line-up, because they have sold 1000x more, cheap WiFi device than expensive ones. So, son't bother to ask for new FW... :cool:

broncogr
Level 10
Do you own one?

broncogr wrote:
Do you own one?

I own GT-AC5300. I wanted to sell GT-AC5300 and buy GT-AX1100, but after reading few reviews and forums I decided not to. Since it will probably have "childhood" problems like GT-AC5300, which by the way still has.

broncogr
Level 10
No issues with either the RT-AX88U or GT-AX11000 for me.
I have them running in mesh at the moment
One thing to have in mind for the GT-AX11000 is that you cant do the initial setup if your pc is connected to the 2.5 ethernet port, as part of the setup assigns that port to either Lan or Wan (with Wan being the default I gather)

broncogr wrote:
No issues with either the RT-AX88U or GT-AX11000 for me.
I have them running in mesh at the moment
One thing to have in mind for the GT-AX11000 is that you cant do the initial setup if your pc is connected to the 2.5 ethernet port, as part of the setup assigns that port to either Lan or Wan (with Wan being the default I gather)

Thank you very much for this tip on the 2.5GE port! Having tried unsuccessfully to use this port for the initial setup, I thought that it was defective or that there was a bug in the firmware and did not bother trying again once the router was up and running. After numerous frustrating and futile exchanges with ASUS technical support, I came across this thread which provided me with the simple and straightforward explanation that I was looking for! I only wish ASUS had included this important point in their documentation.

I am curious, though, whether or not the default 1GE WAN port could be used as a 5th LAN port if the 2.5GE port were used for WAN instead of LAN? Any thoughts on this?

Shazbat
Level 7
I got mine working but it was a pain and I am still tinkering.

I have Two working together in a mesh. But I cannot seem to get my old GT5300 to work with them. (yet)

For the most part mines stable. I am not using Mesh. What is giving me issue is the 2.5GB ethernet port. I am using the ROG Areion 10GB card with a Cat 7 50ft cable. I was trying to download Battlefield V and it would stop every 2 mins. It would say cable is connected but no internet. If I disabled and reenabled the nic, it was fine for 2 mins and then would die again. I tried something large on Steam and same thing. The first cable I had was (Below #1) then I swapped it for (#2). Have not tested it out since I just got the new cable. Both cables are 50ft versions.

So yes I am wondering the same thing. When are we getting a new firmware. I get it they sell 1000 cheap Asus router compared to this, but at $450 they are making more profit. So they can afford to do updates. The people who buy $100 routers, keep them for 5+ years. They make $20 and have to keep updating it. At $450 I would guess they make $150+, those people are going to get the new model every year. They are also your techie customers who need less customer support, which means more profit.

1. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018TSRGU6/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NZHQDY/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MadHatter01 wrote:
For the most part mines stable. I am not using Mesh. What is giving me issue is the 2.5GB ethernet port. I am using the ROG Areion 10GB card with a Cat 7 50ft cable. I was trying to download Battlefield V and it would stop every 2 mins. It would say cable is connected but no internet. If I disabled and reenabled the nic, it was fine for 2 mins and then would die again. I tried something large on Steam and same thing. The first cable I had was (Below #1) then I swapped it for (#2). Have not tested it out since I just got the new cable. Both cables are 50ft versions.
…...[/url]

Your network card is Aquantia. Try the properties of this network card (Device Manager) in the advanced tab set the Jumbo Packet parameter, eg for 9014 Bytes and disable the Flow Control parameter. Of course you have to enable the jumbo frame option in the router LAN->switch control

czechoj wrote:
Your network card is Aquantia. Try the properties of this network card (Device Manager) in the advanced tab set the Jumbo Packet parameter, eg for 9014 Bytes and disable the Flow Control parameter. Of course you have to enable the jumbo frame option in the router LAN->switch control

Will try. Thanks.