CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x62
    CaseCorsair 780
    Power SupplySeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma 2
    Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    Mouse Pad Razer Gigantus
    OS Windows 10

question: should I change the advanced parameters before starting the oc scan?

upd

After moving voltage to 100% and then applying the oc scanner curve, it boost to 2012 still in Fire Strike benchmark, but only to 1974 in the same stress test. That's weird, isn't it?

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18018897
    https://www.3dmark.com/fsst/989549

i'm going to make several scanner oc profiles with different target voltage (100/50/20/0) and run benchmarks, i guess that's how i should do.
    Last edited by wonderin; 01-24-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Leave it at stock for the OC scan. The point of the scan is to start at stock and see how far it will go without errors.

ROG Enthusiast Array wonderin PC Specs
    wonderin PC Specs
    MotherboardX99 Strix Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i7 6850k
    Memory (part number)HX430C15PB3K2/32
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorDell S2417DG @165
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 m.2
    CaseCorsair 780
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    Mouse Pad Razer Gigantus
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Leave it at stock for the OC scan. The point of the scan is to start at stock and see how far it will go without errors.
    i guess you are wrong here, if there is an option in the scanner for it
    plus it gives a stable oc with any variation of parameters
    with sll stock it makes a lower curve
    anyway, my simple +70 manual oc gives a better benchmark results than the oc scanner one
    it's pity that my oc card is ocing that low, but i guess there will be no reasonable performance boost *with more 30 mhz on the core
    thanks*
    Last edited by wonderin; 01-25-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonderin View Post
    i guess you are wrong here, if there is an option in the scanner for it
    plus it gives a stable oc with any variation of parameters
    with sll stock it makes a lower curve
    anyway, my simple +70 manual oc gives a better benchmark results than the oc scanner one
    it's pity that my oc card is ocing that low, but i guess there will be no reasonable performance boost *with more 30 mhz on the core
    thanks*
    Justin is right to suggest leaving the card at stock for the OC Scan, although if you know a stable memory offset it's beneficial to leave this applied. The fact the scanner is producing lower results could indicate that your own OC stability is conditional. Simply soak test the system by using it for gaming for now.

wonderin PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 6850k
    MonitorDell S2417DG @165
    CaseCorsair 780
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    Mouse Pad Razer Gigantus
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    Justin is right to suggest leaving the card at stock for the OC Scan, although if you know a stable memory offset it's beneficial to leave this applied. The fact the scanner is producing lower results could indicate that your own OC stability is conditional. Simply soak test the system by using it for gaming for now.
    Are you saying that I should leave the voltage and temp/power target at the default values in the OC Scan adjustments?
    I'm just trying to understand the basics, and I don't get it why one should leave those by default for OC Scanner, but change them for manual overclock.

For some reason, first OC Scan attempt gave me the best curve so far and all other attempts were worse. It makes different curves from one attempt to another, and all of them are lower then the default one.
    And why after OC Scan base clock drops down to 139 and begins to jump from 139 to 700 MHz and back on idle while it's being 1569 MHz constantly before? Just don't get it.

Anyway, thank you for your time and patience, guys.

And I'm not really sure if these small corrections to clock boost will change my overall gaming performance at all, so maybe i'm just chasing my tail. But I've got very excited about all this stuff in process. Just want to understand my GPU behavior better and to know if I'm so unlucky with the lottery
    Last edited by wonderin; 01-25-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by wonderin View Post
    Are you saying that I should leave the voltage and temp/power target at the default values in the OC Scan adjustments?
    I'm just trying to understand the basics, and I don't get it why one should leave those by default for OC Scanner, but change them for manual overclock.

For some reason, first OC Scan attempt gave me the best curve so far and all other attempts were worse. It makes different curves from one attempt to another, and all of them are lower then the default one.
    And why after OC Scan base clock drops down to 139 and begins to jump from 139 to 700 MHz and back on idle while it's being 1569 MHz constantly before? Just don't get it.

Anyway, thank you for your time and patience, guys.

And I'm not really sure if these small corrections to clock boost will change my overall gaming performance at all, so maybe i'm just chasing my tail. But I've got very excited about all this stuff in process. Just want to understand my GPU behavior better and to know if I'm so unlucky with the lottery
    You can raise the power limit to max but Id leave the rest alone. My speedo in the car reads to 140 but car wont go that fast. if you are going to adjust everything else why bother with the scanner, just do manual. The scanner is just a quick and nasty to save the 100 times of adjusting and benching and adjusting and benching etc and what you get with it is pretty much good for everything and you don't have to worry about it dumping. If you get a crappy results that card lost the lottery. There is always room for improvement over that. OC SCan on my cards put +135 on the core where I can get core to +160 manually BUT and a HUGE BUT OC settings may not work for all titles or benchmarks. I can run my cards into power limit and bench timespy extreme all day long and part of tomorrow but then go to run Firestrike, not even extreme version, and it will lock on second graphics test and I have to back off from 1810 to 1795. One would think that if it runs TSX then FS would run no sweat, just isn't so though. This is why its good to create and save different profiles if you want Max OC for every title.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 01-28-2019 at 01:34 PM.

wonderin PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 6850k
    MonitorDell S2417DG @165
    CaseCorsair 780
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    Mouse Pad Razer Gigantus
    OS Windows 10

You can raise the power limit to max but Id leave the rest alone. My speedo in the car reads to 140 but car wont go that fast. if you are going to adjust everything else why bother with the scanner, just do manual. The scanner is just a quick and nasty to save the 100 times of adjusting and benching and adjusting and benching etc and what you get with it is pretty much good for everything and you don't have to worry about it dumping. If you get a crappy results that card lost the lottery. There is always room for improvement over that. OC SCan on my cards put +135 on the core where I can get core to +160 manually BUT and a HUGE BUT OC settings may not work for all titles or benchmarks. I can run my cards into power limit and bench timespy extreme all day long and part of tomorrow but then go to run Firestrike, not even extreme version, and it will lock on second graphics test and I have to back off from 1810 to 1795. One would think that if it runs TSX then FS would run no sweat, just isn't so though. This is why its good to create and save different profiles if you want Max OC for every title.
    it's always pity to lose the lottery when you've payed for the "ticket" almost 1000$ 1.5 year ago
    thanks, i've noticed that ts might run like butter while fs would crash on the 2-10 screen.
    I'm using my pc for gaming and adobe software so maybe that firestrile extreme is not an indicator for me. i was relying on FS according to the Guide.
    anyway, I guess there is some kind of driver related bug/issue because i'm getting strange behavior after OC Scan: it lowers the base clock very much, and it gives different boosts everytime, and the gpu results are getting worse in FS even with better boosts.

And recently my GPU fans havent worked on some boots (reboot fixes the problem), that is very confusing
    Last edited by wonderin; 01-28-2019 at 09:36 PM.

wonderin PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 6850k
    MonitorDell S2417DG @165
    CaseCorsair 780
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    Mouse Pad Razer Gigantus
    OS Windows 10

First things first, back off your memory to stock and push the core first.
    Are you on air or under water? What are your temps doing? Are you hitting the power target? You can leave the measurements running to see where you are.
    Temps will get you every time, add voltage, temp goes up. Your not far off the mark from what I got with a pair of them in SLI. I think I topped out at like 1766 with the volatge slider maxed but I had them under water with a serious loop and when running benches like firestrike ultra 16 fans would ramp to max on two 480 rads. If you are on air open the case up and put a fan blowing in there to get a better idea. Looking at your specs if thats current and your case is closed up and you are on air thats not a bad clock. All the stupid fast clocks you see are on extreme cooling with chillers in the least. look at your compare scores with similar rigs both CPU and GPU and make sure you have it checked for single card. if you see leaders like way out in front open up their results and look at the -20C temps LOL
    so i couldn't relax all the time
    today i've tested +60 mhz, +100% voltage and set the fans to const 55% and voila! - it gave me 2035 mhz boost, FSEXTREME stable!
    setting the fan curve to the same values as at the guide doesn't pass FSE regardless it's actually a good curve. I guess at higher clocks PASCALs begin to be temperature-dependent in terms of stability

https://www.3dmark.com/fsst/1033670
    Last edited by wonderin; 02-23-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2