cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage IV Extreme cannot enter bios anymore.

Killerko
Level 7
So, I had this mb for 4-5 years and for most part it was a good experience. I even had this problem before but I eventually always managed to get into bios somehow.
Seems like this is not the case this time.. I did try the usual, different monitors (4 in total, even one 4:3 old one), dvi, hdmi, display port, nothing worked. Before I have old titan gpu which failed after a few years, now I have another titan x pascal and with this card I can't enter bios. I have tried different cards, msi 1080ti, some other 1080, but still the same.. I was using legacy windows installation and raid 0.. I even reset bios and now everything is back to uefi and I can't even boot to windows anymore as the raid is not configured.. I really need to go into bios now.
I have also tried the other bios but not sure if that one is corrupted because I did not even post.. so I had to switch back to bios 1.

Mb shows code 34 on it when I press delete and get a black screen.

I did quite some search online but could not find a solution that would help me.
Is there any other thing I could try?

I am going to strip the board naked, only leave cpu, memory and gpu and try again tomorrow.
2 REPLIES 2

Killerko
Level 7
Removing ram modules did not help, but reflashing bios using the USB method with 4901 or whatever is the lastest helped eventually!
I think I had some modded bios installed and this was the reason why I could not enter the bios...

Very frustrating issue...

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Possibly something stuck in NVRAM that was cleared when flashing. Glad you managed to resolve.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090