Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall SONIC STUDIO now!

shamandgg
Level 9
PLEASE BE AWARE
SONIC STUDIO is no longer compatible with Windows 10

There is a conflict between Sonic Studio III (packaged with some ASUS products) and Windows 10 version 1803. This is likely because Sonic Studio III includes features for redirecting audio from applications to different physical audio outputs and Windows 10 version 1803, which was released recently via windows updates, provides similar functionality. Even without redirection enabled in either, there is still a potential for conflict just by having them installed together.

Remove Sonic Studio III completely by going to Windows Key > Windows Settings Icon Settings > Apps and uninstall Sonic Studio III. Then restart Windows. You may have to remove the entire ASUS Sonic Suite (but not the ASUS/Realtek drivers).

If you have lost sound in selection of titles, i.e.:
Escape from Tarkov
Quake Champions
Broforce
etc.
Sonic Studio bundled with your ASUS gaming rig or laptop is the reason.
8 REPLIES 8

wallos
Level 7
Well, I have had problems with my G752VSK notebook when playing. Having the discord open and playing Battlefield V, Rainbow Six siege or Atlas, the sound causes a conflict for a few seconds and the audio goes but returns later. In case the discord leaves and it does not sound again. I have to close the whole application to make it work.

wallos wrote:
Well, I have had problems with my G752VSK notebook when playing. Having the discord open and playing Battlefield V, Rainbow Six siege or Atlas, the sound causes a conflict for a few seconds and the audio goes but returns later. In case the discord leaves and it does not sound again. I have to close the whole application to make it work.

I have been experiencing the same issues. I will report if this continues to occur after getting rid of ASUS bundled audio software. At present, no more issues with Discord while running games. Yes, I had to close whole application to make it work back again. Need more gaming days to be 100% sure all audio drop issues are now resolved incl. Discord and sometimes even TS3. I am on GL703 SCAR Edition laptop for the record. And one again dear ASUS, I love your hardware, but your software is bad. Bugged, redundant and conflicting. I have no words how many issues I have had with your software from the very first time this laptop was opened.

For now I'm doing tests with realtek drivers that I find here, now I have installed the AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_FF03_v6.0.1.8619 and then the ASUSSonicStudio3_AVolute_CFL_W10_64_V364251937, I will also test with the discord while I play.

I am also noticing that in Msconfig / Information of problems I get an error with the audio, I do not know if it is normal:

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: AUDIODG.EXE, versión: 10.0.17763.292, marca de tiempo: 0xa0a39b52
Nombre del módulo con errores: unknown, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x00000000
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0000000000000000
Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x123c
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d4b43607f5c224
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: unknown
Identificador del informe: 83459a8b-fcc8-4679-9ac3-9538991f85fa
Nombre completo del paquete con errores: 

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: AUDIODG.EXE, versión: 10.0.17763.292, marca de tiempo: 0xa0a39b52
Nombre del módulo con errores: unknown, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x00000000
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0000000000000000
Identificador del proceso con errores: 0xd6c
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d4b4350c1542e5
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: unknown
Identificador del informe: 36f2fab3-687f-4b89-ae10-56f519fbee9d
Nombre completo del paquete con errores: 

Looking at those errors that come out, I hope it does not happen again with the driver that installed, I hope to hear from you.

shamandgg wrote:
I have been experiencing the same issues. I will report if this continues to occur after getting rid of ASUS bundled audio software. At present, no more issues with Discord while running games. Yes, I had to close whole application to make it work back again. Need more gaming days to be 100% sure all audio drop issues are now resolved incl. Discord and sometimes even TS3. I am on GL703 SCAR Edition laptop for the record. And one again dear ASUS, I love your hardware, but your software is bad. Bugged, redundant and conflicting. I have no words how many issues I have had with your software from the very first time this laptop was opened.

I had this issue with Sonic Studio Mixer 3. The latest update makes it so that COD Modern Warfare doesn't crash anymore, but cpu time per frame went from around 13ms to 253ms (4 fps !!!!).

Here's what solved the issue: uninstalled it from the windows start menu as described elsewhere + (and this is the important bit): disabling the Sonic Mixer from Device Manager.
Uninstalling the Sonic Mixer only temporarily fixes the issue: it's back at the next reboot

JustinThyme
Level 13
Ive not used it since its inception.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I have no issues, regarding windows and SS3 on the codexi, heroix. all is working on normal parameters. It will be great to open a post just for laptops. The windows sound routing works as same as the asus one. There is a exception, well a few. As far, USB headphones, and wireless do not work with SS3 or any other asus aplicacion. The only one that works are the asus DELTA. I did some testing since i have few here to test. There is 1 issue that is present on wire is that in other to use the sound effect is to run the app. THere is a post for that but I need to check IF those drivers can work on portable computers.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Shocker
Level 7
Do i need sonic studio 3 for optimal audio experience? And what does sonic studio do?

cyberwasp1256
Level 7

This is disheartening. I really like listening to music on my PC with Asus STRIX Z270E through my browser. However, I've been having issues with sonic studios 3 not working from browsers. It's only the Sonic studio Effects panel as the equalizer still functions. If I use windows media play all of the sonic functions works fine. Am surprised a company as good as Asus doesn't provide an update, especially in this economy!!!

@wallos