cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XI Extreme problem with 4600mhz memory

Fraizer
Level 9
Hello

We have problem with the Asus Maximus XI Extreme and 4x 8gb =32 (even 2x 8gb =16 !) of 4600Mh from G.Skill the exact ref : G.Skill Trident Z Royal F4-4600C18D-16GTRS : Latency 18-22-22-42 at 1.45v. -> https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4600c18d-16gtrs#tabs-spec Same problem with the 4600Mhz "NON" Royal. (Royal is just the plastic they put on the led nothing else)

i make them run actualy in manual mode (not xmp) at 3200Mhz Only.

I tried to put only 2 ram on dual channel

i tried XMP 1 and 2 i put the G.Skill constructor voltage : 1.45volts but bios dont boot.

Maybe it need to put an higer value on the VCCIO and System Agent Voltage ???

i dont found them on the QVL of the ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME_Memory_QVL. those 4600 are on the market before novembre 2018 (with the 4600 non royal who are exactly the same)
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_MAXIMUS_XI_EXTREME/ROG_MAXIMUS_XI_HERO_SERIES_Memo...

G.skill answer me is because Asus they dont add them then they will not work and no any other answer from g.skill usa who was rude by email and no more help...
11 REPLIES 11

x-rated
Level 8
io and sa will be crazy high for such frequency, probably more than 1,4V which is something i would recommend for short benchmarking only 😄
for most MXI boards qvl ends at 4,3 GHz so you have to try a lot of tweaks to make them working

[offtopic]
on asus qvl there are some kits which i cant find on g.skill webpage, wtf is that? 😄 are they discontinued already?
F4-4400C18Q-32GTZR
F4-4400C18Q-32GTRG
F4-4400C18Q-32GTRS
[/offtopic]

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Fraizer wrote:
Hello

We have problem with the Asus Maximus XI Extreme and 4x 8gb =32 (even 2x 8gb =16 !) of 4600Mh from G.Skill the exact ref : G.Skill Trident Z Royal F4-4600C18D-16GTRS : Latency 18-22-22-42 at 1.45v. -> https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4600c18d-16gtrs#tabs-spec Same problem with the 4600Mhz "NON" Royal. (Royal is just the plastic they put on the led nothing else)

i make them run actualy in manual mode (not xmp) at 3200Mhz Only.

I tried to put only 2 ram on dual channel

i tried XMP 1 and 2 i put the G.Skill constructor voltage : 1.45volts but bios dont boot.

Maybe it need to put an higer value on the VCCIO and System Agent Voltage ???

i dont found them on the QVL of the ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME_Memory_QVL. those 4600 are on the market before novembre 2018 (with the 4600 non royal who are exactly the same)
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_MAXIMUS_XI_EXTREME/ROG_MAXIMUS_XI_HERO_SERIES_Memo...

G.skill answer me is because Asus they dont add them then they will not work and no any other answer from g.skill usa who was rude by email and no more help...

4600 is a huge ask of the IMC. Try setting Maximus Tweak Mode 2 as well as VCCIO and VCCSA between 1.3 and 1.45v. These kits are often halo products to show what can be done, but there are often conditions. Worst case, it should be possible to dial things at 4K with those modules manually.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Fraizer
Level 9
"..ask for the IMC" ? what mean IMC ?

Silent Scone asus cant add them on there QVL ?

about the settings can you please tell me where to put Tweak mode 2 ? and other settings please ?

about the VCCIO and VCCSA 1.3 is not the maximum ? is not risky to put 1.45v ? when i wrote 1.45volts is the constructor ddr4 voltage.

maybe i am confuse here because i never try to tune any memory. if you can pleas give more details to not make an mistake from my side

x-rated
Level 8
integrated memory controller
if they don't work properly, they won't be added to qvl, simple
maximus tweak is in Extreme Tweaker -> DRAM Timing Control
i would not go so high on IO and SA, but its up to you
why did you buy such kit? higher speeds need higher voltages, but this frequency is insane already

x-rated wrote:
integrated memory controller
if they don't work properly, they won't be added to qvl, simple
maximus tweak is in Extreme Tweaker -> DRAM Timing Control
i would not go so high on IO and SA, but its up to you
why did you buy such kit? higher speeds need higher voltages, but this frequency is insane already

Some CPU may need this much for those speeds.

Fraizer
Level 9
hi man

i fault they will work without problem i dont it will be like that...

the think is i dont know which value to put to make them run as fast s possible. i never tweak memory 😕

Fraizer wrote:
hi man

i fault they will work without problem i dont it will be like that...

the think is i dont know which value to put to make them run as fast s possible. i never tweak memory 😕

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work that way. Have a read of this sticky: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98041-Understanding-and-using-XMP

Fraizer
Level 9
Silent can you please give like a full settigns to put and where to put ? will be realy kind

Fraizer
Level 9
i read the link of course but i dont realy know what to put in settings