cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Z370-F Bios Update -> Blackscreen and shutdown before Boot/BIOS

Gizmomok
Level 7
Dear all,

I was searching in many places for a situation like mine but since I did not find a solution, maybe you can help.

I got a Asus ROG Z370-F Gaming with the 1002 Bios and today I wanted to update to 1601 which is the latst available.

I downloaded the BIOS and went into BIOS to update it with the BIOS built in tool.

I did not check the progress all the time so I do not know what happened but the PC shut down and I thought this is normal. When trying to switch it on again i realizied that something went incredibly wrong and now even before I am able to enter BIOS, my PC shuts down.

I reset CMOS but it did not help. Checking the LEDs on the MB they all light up after the other and when it comes to the "Boot" Led it stays green and then PC shuts off.

My concern is that my BIOS is broken because the screen only shows a black screen and a MS-DOS like cursor on the top left screen (which is not blinking, its consistend). This stays for about 1 second and then PC shuts off.

Maybe I have to mention that my keyboard does not light up so I cannot press any keys. Maybe my chance is to use ASUS Crashfree BIOS 3? I read a lot about it and tried it out already but maybe I am too stupid to get it to work...

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Gizmo
4 REPLIES 4

F0x135
Level 7
I believe the latest bios for the Z370-F is 1601, not 1602 as per your post.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

I may be wrong here but i think 1602 was for the X-boards, not the Z.

If this is true then it makes sense why your motherboard doesn't boot to OS.

My bad...of course I downloaded the 1601, was just a typo.

F0x135 wrote:
I believe the latest bios for the Z370-F is 1601, not 1602 as per your post.

If this is true then it makes sense why your motherboard doesn't boot to OS.

Thank you for making me aware of the typo. The thing is, my PC doesn´t boot at all. After POST it shuts off or at least what I can see on the MB that is related to POST. Boot lights up green and then the PC shut down.

I really would like to try the "Crashfree BIOS" but no matter what I do it won´t recognize the USB Stick in any USB Port.

I am totally out of ideas except sending it back.

Gizmo

No ideas? 😕

According to my reseller I will have to send my PC in to get it checked. Obviously its the MB.