cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus monitor warranty/RMA policy/procedures?

Zeroed85
Level 8
My 16 month old Asus ROG PG348Q Ultrawide has recently developed up to seven dead pixels. I contacted the Asus NZ service center and they said it will need to be sent in for repair.

Does anybody know whether this is normal procedure for monitor RMA's? Are monitors usually repaired rather than replaced? Someone mentioned to me that Asus have an advanced replacement option. Is that valid for monitors? And is the advanced RMA country specific as to whether it's available? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
It's possible they could have spare panels but I'd say it's also just as likely that they said "repair" as a catch-all for whatever service they may perform. They may very well swap it out with another one.

As for Advanced, that is product and situation specific. You would have to ask if it is available when setting up your RMA.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Zeroed85
Level 8
@xeromist

I inquired at the service center and they said parts for the Asus PG348Q would need to be ordered in. That likely means no spare panels in stock. But I agree, at no point did they say they would actually be replacing the panel with a new one so at this point we don't know what "repair" means.

I have organized for the monitor to be delivered to the service center next week but I am thinking it would not be too late to ask Asus if this product can still be advanced RMAed...