cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEMPERATURE: Worried about single temperature sensor

AdamTouhou
Level 7
Hello.
This sensor is always running hot - between 90c-105c....
Is this normal?
Please see the attached screenshot.
Any help much appreciated... 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

JustinThyme
Level 13
Nothing in a PC at 100C plus is normal. First thing is figure out is what Temp sensor that is.
Maybe HWinfo ccan give you more insight. My highest temp is 65C and labeled as Temp 7 which Im fairly sure is the PCH.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

AdamTouhou
Level 7
In hwinfo it is Temp3 which has the high temps... I am not sure where to lookup temp #number to board position...
Any ideas on how to proceed from here?
Please see the attached picture

AdamTouhou
Level 7
Any help with where I can find temp # to board position would be much appreciated 🙂 ...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Every board is different, There is no table of reference. Unfortunatey the people that know this seldom log in here. Someone like @Shamino would probably know if you take a minute to give what board and what BIOS.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

AdamTouhou
Level 7
BIOS 3902 (latest) Rampage V Extreme

AdamTouhou
Level 7
🙂

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
I wouldn't worry about it just a bad sensor or something my x99 sabertooth has the same bogus reading and it's on a custom water loop with even the vrm's water cooled

The h110i gtx
That might be another story
Myself and at least four other friends had h110i GT's and all died within 30 months of use rma replacement I sold on ebay as rma replacement new 😉
Not sure if the GTX is the same but just letting you know 🙂

I asked hwinfo developer he's good about responding you can monitor here if you wish too
https://www.overclock.net/forum/21-benchmarking-software-discussion/1235672-official-hwinfo-32-64-th...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Yeah invalid right click and select Hide.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AdamTouhou
Level 7
Thanks for the feedback guys 🙂 I suspected a bad read, as all the temps are fine.
The h110igtx have been running now for 3 years without any issues... If it dies, then I have a good excuse to start on a custom water loop xD