cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start button on case not working. Resolved.

Rob_W_
Level 12
I have just done a major strip down and rebuild ( loop maintenance ) but now the start button on the case has no effect.
I have double and treble checked everything I can think of but no joy, start button on mobo is fine and the reset button on case works fine for on and off functions, I just can’t fathom why the start button won’t work.
Any clues ?
Corsair carbide 900d/ R6E.*
5 REPLIES 5

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Rob W. wrote:
I have just done a major strip down and rebuild ( loop maintenance ) but now the start button on the case has no effect.
I have double and treble checked everything I can think of but no joy, start button on mobo is fine and the reset button on case works fine for on and off functions, I just can’t fathom why the start button won’t work.
Any clues ?

Have you tired to jump the pins to see if its a case issue?

Riicckk
Level 7
Rob W. wrote:
Any clues ?

If you are using the Asus Q connector ie the standoff connector for the System Panel connector, make sure you haven't pushed on to the speaker connector row. The connector should be underneath the speaker pins row. Have done this myself before leading to scratching head. Check the correct pins.

Riicckk wrote:
If you are using the Asus Q connector ie the standoff connector for the System Panel connector, make sure you haven't pushed on to the speaker connector row. The connector should be underneath the speaker pins row. Have done this myself before leading to scratching head. Check the correct pins.

that connector is always *a worry to me!*
Will check out pins again, it’s got to be something simple no doubt!*:o

Rob_W_
Level 12
Got it!
Where the Q connector is, there are three sets of pins.
I had put connector on top two sets 😮 reset Q connector to bottom two sets of pins and all’s fine thanks Riicckk:)*

Rob W. wrote:
Got it!
Where the Q connector is, there are three sets of pins.
I had put connector on top two sets 😮 reset Q connector to bottom two sets of pins and all’s fine thanks Riicckk:)*

Glad you found the cure. Nice and easy when you spot it. Have scratched my head on this......