cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GE Nvidia not found!

theunknownvicti
Level 7
Hello, I made a clean install from a bootable usb stick with windows 10. After that, my graphics card 1050ti is not found! I cant install any drivers, even from the asus website!! I don't know if the metal liquid did some damage to my card, but until yesterday it was working fine!
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
Are you saying you used liquid metal TIM on a notebook? Did you prep it at least by coating all neighboring components with clear nail polish or similar non conductive coating?
Ill give it to you, you have more bawlz than I do! Ill use it on a desktop CPU thats been delidded and relidded and sealed unless the board lays flat all the time.

Next question......did you save and install things from your eSupport folder like specifically chipset and MEI drivers?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Are you saying you used liquid metal TIM on a notebook? Did you prep it at least by coating all neighboring components with clear nail polish or similar non conductive coating?
Ill give it to you, you have more bawlz than I do! Ill use it on a desktop CPU thats been delidded and relidded and sealed unless the board lays flat all the time.

Next question......did you save and install things from your eSupport folder like specifically chipset and MEI drivers?

Hey, life is so short, of course I will use LM and whatever might happened I will manage it.
Yes I install all the drivers and latest bios and still the same problem!

theunknownvictim wrote:
Hey, life is so short, of course I will use LM and whatever might happened I will manage it.
Yes I install all the drivers and latest bios and still the same problem!

True life is short. Im always pushing it just differently. Im sure you probably are not the first to do it but the first Ive heard on a notebook. Sometimes gravity plays a role and the LM slides out and poof! Especially true with notebooks that get turned all around and upside down. Messing around with an old piece of hardware ill do just about anything in the name of science. I guess im just too tight. Once costs pass a certain level Im a bit more conservative.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Oh well. Remove the heatsink, clean it all up and apply proper good quality thermal paste. Also, carefully check the motherboard to see if there isn't any droplets of LM that might have dripped off the GPU die in the process or after you applied it.
If you're lucky it will come back to life.

Vsparda
Level 7
theunknownvictim wrote:
Hello, I made a clean install from a bootable usb stick with windows 10. After that, my graphics card 1050ti is not found! I cant install any drivers, even from the asus website!! I don't know if the metal liquid did some damage to my card, but until yesterday it was working fine!

try installing from safe mode