cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure where to post this - Sonic Studio breaks anything qt-related

klepp0906x2
Level 7
OMG.

ive spent months, literally.. trying to track this down. From the simulationcraft developers, to the synergy developers, to the citra developers, even the qt/webengine bugtracker.

I found an obscure post from ages ago on a microsoft forum of someone saying sonic studio was causing his autodesk/maya to hang.

removed it, problem gone.

Now i use ALL the aforementioned software, and unless i forced it to open on my primary display - it would just hang at startup until i force closed it. Everything not using qt was fine, so obviously the bug is between Asus & Qt.

I needed to use my secondary display for all of the aforementioned so once i Found out sonic studio was what caused it, I removed it.

I'm posting this because id like to be able to continue using sonic radar but the fact it breaks the aforementioned from loading on my accessory display is a no go.

hope raja or someone from the dev side sees this and can forward it to the necesssary people.
2 REPLIES 2

klepp0906x2
Level 7
its sonic radar specifically and this process

seems its NahimicSvc64.exe that does it specifically, sort of. If i end the process WITH sonic radar installed, no problems. if i uninstall sonic radar, the process is still present but causes no issues.

not sure who needs to address this so all relevant parties have been provided with the info via various means 😜

for now, disabled the nahimic service.

Menthol
Level 14
klepp, There is another thread about Realteck drivers and sonic studio that you may want to read, others have had similar issues (including myself), I suggest reading that thread, uninstalling realtek sound drivers, sonic studio, etc. and reinstalling using the latest drivers as instructed in that thread

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)