Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Ive not had a double boot on my R6EE since I got it. Making me wonder if its hardware and not BIOS. Thats 401, 505, 603 and 702. I loaded the 901 stock variant and i just got hotter temps and a performance drop. Running 702 MC39 variant and working great. Tried a bunch of stock and modified and never a double boot with the exception of the first boot which is normal to get 2 if not 3. After that smooth sailing.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    Ive not had a double boot on my R6EE since I got it. Making me wonder if its hardware and not BIOS. Thats 401, 505, 603 and 702. I loaded the 901 stock variant and i just got hotter temps and a performance drop. Running 702 MC39 variant and working great. Tried a bunch of stock and modified and never a double boot with the exception of the first boot which is normal to get 2 if not 3. After that smooth sailing.
    If you de-energize the system unit and then turn it on, how will the start go?

New ROGer Array

Those problems that I describe with R6EE, they have already been voiced in this branch
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...st+Encore+bios
    especially please see it DESERTUM_0, restsugavan and others
    And since July 2020, the problem has not been solved.
    Last edited by dennys2009; 02-26-2021 at 05:21 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by dennys2009 View Post
    If you de-energize the system unit and then turn it on, how will the start go?
    If I kill the power its the same as an initial set up and it will do a double boot every time on any of these boards. You are starting all over with memory training ETC. That's by design and is not a BIOS issue. Aura gets hung up that's one of the methods to clear it is to uninstall the software then kill the power and that reinitializes everything. I don't kill the power intentionally or even on accident. Machine is backed up with a 2200Va dual conversion online APC smart UPS.

But yeah, flip the switch or pull the plug it has to reinitialize the moment you kill the 5V standby power. Normal behavior. Want to prevent that? Dont kill the power to the PSU and take away the 5V standby. I got the same on an R6E and R6EE. Pull the plug and a lot has to happen coming back up, its going to do a double boot every time and not a fault, by design. Leave it with PSU on and plugged in and it doesn't happen. Ive not ever unplugged or switched off the CPU as a normal routine, only when I have my fingers in there messing with something.

Theres a lot that goes on on the initial power up from dead with 5V standby power removed. Our definitions of cold start evidently are different.
    Last edited by BigJohnny; Yesterday at 05:24 AM.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82