Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Desertum_0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vmanuelgm View Post
    My dear frenchy, example of useless post is yours about Retpoline (Reptoline in your words, xDDD) in x299. Or the one in Win-Raid complaining about UBU updates all the cpu microcodes in a specific bios as if it was SoniX fault. It's very pathetic!!!

Second point, learn english, u've been here for years and still using a translator like a small kiddo.

Third point, doubt seriously the new cpu's work ok with Microcode 49 since all the new bios from the different manufacturers come with 5E at least (MSI uses MC 64).

Fourth point=your unworthy commentaries about a higher TJMax in the latest microcodes and not in the 49. Useless since you have a highest limit so the result=same. You only have the placebo of seeing a lower temp in idle, so totally unworthy and less protection with MC 49.

But as I said before, preaching in the desert=wasted and useless sermon!!!

You are a scum vmanuelgm,

If you know more than intel and than everyone else, why dont you back off leave us working this out for ourselves?

Second point, learn English?? He is more intelligent than you by far, he speaks French and English, how about you? You must be one of those rednecks hicks that hate everything and everyone that does not look and sound like you.

Finally, if you think that Tistou is so unworthy of your time, then please leave this forum and get stuffed.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array tistou77 PC Specs
    tistou77 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme Encore
    Processor10980XE @4.6Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorDell U2417H
    Storage #1Intel Optane 905P PCIe
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus
    CPU CoolerWatercooling
    CaseLian Li A77F
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech LIK
    Mouse Logitech MX revolution
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Of course, 49 under Hardware (bios) and 5E under Windows (Software)
    Side Software is good

But I disable the Spectre patch, so microcode 49, 60 or 64, it's the same thing, point of view "security"
    I will test with microcode 64 and the "Retpoline patch" (regedit) to see the differences

PS: Thanks Desertum_0
    Last edited by tistou77; 10-07-2019 at 06:08 AM.
    Sorry for my english

Case: Lian Li A77F
    MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
    CPU: i9 10980XE
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
    GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
    PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    DATA: Samsung 970 EVO Plus
    SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array vmanuelgm's Avatar

repeated
    Last edited by vmanuelgm; 10-07-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    Omega, 10980xe, G.Skill 3600, 2080Ti, SM951 256, 970 PRO, 860 EVO
    Intel 750, WD SN750 Black, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, 7200.14, 207EBK
    EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC. @Acer Predator x34

tistou77 PC Specs
    Processor10980XE @4.6Ghz
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorDell U2417H
    CPU CoolerWatercooling
    CaseLian Li A77F
    Keyboard Logitech LIK
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Abandoned Desertum_0 , as I said we were going back to topic

For information, vmanuelgm seemed to think that only me used the microcode 49, so I removed it from the downloads
    And strangely, since this morning, I'm at the 12th access request to this file (for the 3 bios)

For my English, as my signature says, it's bad
    For those who do not like it, I invite them not to follow my topics and to answer me
    Sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by tistou77 View Post
    Abandoned Desertum_0 , as I said we were going back to topic

For information, vmanuelgm seemed to think that only me used the microcode 49, so I removed it from the downloads
    And strangely, since this morning, I'm at the 12th access request to this file (for the 3 bios)

For my English, as my signature says, it's bad
    For those who do not like it, I invite them not to follow my topics and to answer me

Dear mate, I haven't said people are not downloading your modded bios's, I just point out several things they must have in mind. We should all here give people the right information about what they are using.

So, if anyone here downloads your MC 49 modded bios's and uses Windows, they must know the OS is loading 4D or newer version of Microcode unless they use the specific workaround to avoid it.

They must also know that the 5 degrees difference in cpu temperature (mainly in idle) doesn't have any practical effects.

And they must know that forcing Retpoline in x299 cpu's via Regedit is a waste of time, since Windows doesn't use Retpoline with these processors and newer ones. U can force the keys in Regedit and when u restart u can check Windows erases the setting.

And for those who don't know it, Intel contingent workers and Microsoft contingent workers don't usually help much when asking them. We all know it, or at least the most of us except for desertum!!!

For those who want to use MC 49 under Windows, try this workaround:

You'll need to rename or delete one of the following files after taking ownership:

C:\Windows\System32\mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll -> for AMD CPUs
    C:\Windows\System32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll -> for Intel CPUs

This needs to be redone after every big update ( 1809 -> 1903 etc.)

Then disable any and all Spectre/Meltdown mitigations with Inspectre or manually via the registry

Taken from Horstfuchs in Win-Raid.

There are other workarounds in case Windows redownloads those files.
    Last edited by vmanuelgm; 10-07-2019 at 10:20 AM.

tistou77 PC Specs
    Processor10980XE @4.6Ghz
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorDell U2417H
    CPU CoolerWatercooling
    CaseLian Li A77F
    Keyboard Logitech LIK
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

The microcode 49 is just for the temperatures, TJMax at 105° (idle and load, not only in idle) when I tested
    Under Windows, it's 5E microcode (if Windows is up to date)

For the "Retpoline" registry keys, strangely they are still present after a reboot
    But with the microcode 49 (and 5E under Windows), almost no difference (Spectre patch disabled/enabled or Retpoline)
    I will test with 64 microcode, to see the difference

No need to change the microcode under Windows, at best, disable the Spectre patch in the registry, if needed

For the Intel guy, if you read correctly, the information does not come from him, it's just the intermediary ("I just received an update on this case")
    Last edited by tistou77; 10-07-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    Sorry for my english

The microcode 49 is just for the temperatures, TJMax at 105° (idle and load, not only in idle) when I tested
    Under Windows, it's 5E microcode (if Windows is up to date)

For the "Retpoline" registry keys, strangely they are still present after a reboot
    But with the microcode 49 (and 5E under Windows), almost no difference
    I will test with 64 microcode

For the Intel guy, if you read correctly, the information does not come from him, it's just the intermediary ("I just received an update on this case")

Tistou, this is your own link (some pages before):

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ws/ba-p/295618

In which, they say:

Since Retpoline is a performance optimization for Spectre Variant 2, it requires that hardware and OS support for branch target injection to be present and enabled. Skylake and later generations of Intel processors are not compatible with Retpoline, so only Import Optimization will be enabled on these processors.

Nothing else must be added.

U now say u force via Regedit those settings and they are present in Windows after a reboot. Ok, record a video forcing the keys, show the keys in Regedit, reboot and then open those keys in Regedit to check if they are not altered, please. Video, not images, showing also u have a 7980xe in your system!!!

In regards to temperatures we discussed this matter in OC.NET. I have tested my 7980xe with the several microcodes since release date, I have pushed it way more than u have pushed yours, because I used 2 mainboards mainly which were more capable than your Rampage VI non Omega, and there are no practical differences among the microcodes. If your theory is true, the 5 more degrees should cause the cpu to overheat before with the latest microcodes and my experience says there are no practical differences.

The only difference mainly is in the idle temperatures, and that is not a practical difference, only placebo when seeing your processor is colder in idle.

But if u say there are differences, please record also a video trying the several microcodes and forcing your overclocks to the limit of temperatures (105-110 degrees), and then we can discuss seriously. In the meanwhile, your words are empty.

PS: still waiting your max oc in Intelburn very high HT Off... Will I have to wait forever??? Would also like to see your 4000C16 passing 1000% in HCI if possible!!! That's why I said your OC's are phantom!!!

Something like this:

Or this Realbench. 32GB half an hour, to check the obtained matches:

Or another one:

Or HCI at 4000CL16:

If u can't see the images properly, download em to your pc.
    Last edited by vmanuelgm; 10-07-2019 at 11:47 AM.

tistou77 PC Specs
    Processor10980XE @4.6Ghz
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorDell U2417H
    CPU CoolerWatercooling
    CaseLian Li A77F
    Keyboard Logitech LIK
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

U now say u force via Regedit those settings and they are present in Windows after a reboot. Ok, record a video forcing the keys, show the keys in Regedit, reboot and then open those keys in Regedit to check if they are not altered, please. Video, not images, showing also u have a 7980xe in your system!!!
    If you want a proof, test yourself, it takes 5 minutes
    I do not have anything to prove

In regards to temperatures we discussed this matter in OC.NET. I have tested my 7980xe with the several microcodes since release date, I have pushed it way more than u have pushed yours, because I used 2 mainboards mainly which were more capable than your Rampage VI non Omega, and there are no practical differences among the microcodes. If your theory is true, the 5 more degrees should cause the cpu to overheat before with the latest microcodes and my experience says there are no practical differences.

The only difference mainly is in the idle temperatures, and that is not a practical difference, only placebo when seeing your processor is colder in idle.

But if u say there are differences, please record also a video trying the several microcodes and forcing your overclocks to the limit of temperatures (105-110 degrees), and then we can discuss seriously. In the meanwhile, your words are empty.
    You have not understood for the temperatures, when we say 5C more in idle and load, it is the temperatures of the cores, no need to push the temperatures to 105, 110C, example

49 : idle 25C / load 65C
    After the 49 : idle 30C / load 70C

Nothing more to understand

I'll test with microcode 64 to see the temperature (not tested since 4D, or 50)

PS: still waiting your max oc in Intelburn very high HT Off... Will I have to wait forever??? Would also like to see your 4000C16 passing 1000% in HCI if possible!!! That's why I said your OC's are phantom!!!

Or this Realbench. 32GB half an hour, to check the obtained matches:
    Sorry I do not use Intel Burn Test, only Aida64, Realbench (and Ramtest for the ram) and my OC is at 4.6ghz
    For RealBench, I use only 16GB (not having a "swap", and so not possible to use 32GB)
    It's good with Aida64

Moreover by doing a RealBench (a few months that I had not done) I could see that some cores have increased more than 10C, even 15C since the last time, I'll have to look at this (probably the Metal Liquid)

But I especially check the stability of my OC with my current use (games, etc ...)
    Last edited by tistou77; 10-07-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    Sorry for my english

If you want a proof, test yourself, it takes 5 minutes
    I do not have anything to prove

You have not understood for the temperatures, when we say 5C more in idle and load, it is the temperatures of the cores, no need to push the temperatures to 105, 110C, example

49 : idle 25C / load 65C
    After the 49 : idle 30C / load 70C

Nothing more to understand

I'll test with microcode 64 to see the temperature (not tested since 4D, or 50)

Sorry I do not use Intel Burn Test, only Aida64, Realbench (and Ramtest for the ram) and my OC is at 4.6ghz
    For RealBench, I use only 16GB (not having a "swap", and so not possible to use 32GB)
    It's good with Aida64

Moreover by doing a RealBench (a few months that I had not done) I could see that some cores have increased more than 10C, even 15C since the last time, I'll have to look at this (probably the Metal Liquid)

But I especially check the stability of my OC with my current use (games, etc ...)

Tistou, if u don't push your cpu to the limit of temperatures u won't know if those supposed 5 degrees differences are interfering your oc's. That's the truth. I pushed myself my 7980xe to the limit and I can say there are no real differences. But u can't say it cos u haven't done it and don't want to, u just blablabla!!!

If u force Retpoline in Windows with a skylake or newer processor, u are wasting your time. Would be very funny if u recorded a video of your regedit keys before and after a reboot.

And if u have a bios with MC 49 under a non patched Windows, u are wasting your time also.

MC 64 is a poor performer, the best ratio MC is 60. I have MC 60 in my system. Latest Rampage Bios's come with 5E at least.
    Last edited by vmanuelgm; 11-25-2019 at 12:35 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

What did I start!? I just couldn’t remember the differences in 64 and 49. Didn’t mean for you guys to go crazy on each other.*

Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast