Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 853
  1. #641
    ROG Enthusiast Array bogsha PC Specs
    bogsha PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 7980XE
    Memory (part number)GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP!
    Sound CardASUS Strix Raid DLX
    MonitorBenQ ZOWIE XL2735
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro
    Storage #2Samsung 2x 970 Pro SoftRAID 0
    CPU CoolerBeQuiet Silent Loop 360
    CaseCooler Master C700P
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset ASTRO A50
    Mouse Pad ASUS GM50
    Headset/Speakers Teufel 5.1 THX
    OS Win 10 64bit
    bogsha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    29
    Posts
    37

    New Rampage VI Extreme Bios - Version 3201
    2020/11/10
    01. Improve system performance and stability.
    02. Fix SSD device issue.

  2. #642
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array restsugavan PC Specs
    restsugavan PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 3301 MOD
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE 2.60GHz
    Memory (part number)64GB GSKILL 3.2 GHz 16-16-18-36 2T
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG POSEIDON 1080Ti
    MonitorSAMSUNG ODESSEY G9 49
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB x 3
    Storage #2WD 4TB External HDD
    CPU CoolerNZXT KRAKEN 62
    CaseCorsair Carbine 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Microsoft
    Mouse Microsoft
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Sony
    OS Windows 10 2021 Insider Preview 21354.1
    Network RouterD-LINK
    restsugavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    75
    Posts
    642

    Yes ����
    Core i9 7980XE/R6E 3403 BIOS/Intel 02006B05 MCU 2021-01-15/VROC 7.5.0.1150/RST 18.35.0.4635/ME FW 11.12.82.1838 DV 2102.100.0.1044/64GB GSKILL/POSEIDON 1080i GTX + NVIDIA Driver 470.15 WHQL/3TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS + OMS Driver 18.31.5.1038 WHQL/Windows 10 Build 21354.1/i219 V OROM 0.1.00/BA 0.1.16/12.19.1.32 WHQL AQC 107n FW 4.2.32 + AQC 3.0.18.0 WHQL/CAM 4.22.0/Realtek HD 6.0.9126.1 WHQL/SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G9 49 FW 1010.2

  3. #643
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Desertum_0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    177

    Quote Originally Posted by bogsha View Post
    New Rampage VI Extreme Bios - Version 3201
    2020/11/10
    01. Improve system performance and stability.
    02. Fix SSD device issue.
    Nice one for Asus to release a new Bios.

    I am waiting for a new Bios for the Ramapge Encore which is currently on 0702

  4. #644
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    90

    Sorry, I am a little "late to the game", but I recently swapped out my bare-die mounted 7900X for a 10980XE. I couldn't pass it up for $809. Anyway, I think I did something stupid. Before I swapped CPUs, I reset the Bios to default, then upgraded to the latest bios on Asus' website. I had been running a modded bios with my Omega provided by Tistou, and it was working great. Should I have used an earlier bios? I was worried that the bios I had for the 7900X would not support the 10980. Is there an older bios I should be using? I am not getting the OC I was hoping for.

  5. #645
    ROG Enthusiast Array bogsha PC Specs
    bogsha PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 7980XE
    Memory (part number)GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP!
    Sound CardASUS Strix Raid DLX
    MonitorBenQ ZOWIE XL2735
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro
    Storage #2Samsung 2x 970 Pro SoftRAID 0
    CPU CoolerBeQuiet Silent Loop 360
    CaseCooler Master C700P
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset ASTRO A50
    Mouse Pad ASUS GM50
    Headset/Speakers Teufel 5.1 THX
    OS Win 10 64bit
    bogsha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    29
    Posts
    37

    7900x old that means old bios would work wiht it.
    10980xe new that means that maybe old bios will not support it. because he came out later... you need a new bios, new bios work always better.. its for me logical and makes sense.

    7900x is an 10 Core. You can clock him higher, because he will not consum so much power and make a lot of heat.

    10980xe is a brutal 18 core 36 threads CPU, do you think you can make with him 5,0 GHz ? 5,0 GHz x 18 Core x 36 Threads. 24/7 ?

    My 18 Core make 100°C on 4.4 GHz and i just tested it and switched back to normal auto speedsteps, because who need to hardcore overclock an 18 core to the max ? The power consumption is higher then it will benifit for apps or games. I dont understand why people buy so good stuff but dont understand it.

    A Bios reset means you reset the seetings in the bios nothing else.

    The updated "modded" bios just update the modules inside the bios not really the things that will benifit for overclocking. Only the microcodes make some changes, but most of them are only for security leaks... the 10 Series makes in some cases problems.. just google it
    Last edited by bogsha; 11-19-2020 at 06:54 PM.

  6. #646
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    90

    Quote Originally Posted by bogsha View Post
    7900x old that means old bios would work wiht it.
    10980xe new that means that maybe old bios will not support it. because he came out later... you need a new bios, new bios work always better.. its for me logical and makes sense.

    7900x is an 10 Core. You can clock him higher, because he will not consum so much power and make a lot of heat.

    10980xe is a brutal 18 core 36 threads CPU, do you think you can make with him 5,0 GHz ? 5,0 GHz x 18 Core x 36 Threads. 24/7 ?

    My 18 Core make 100°C on 4.4 GHz and i just tested it and switched back to normal auto speedsteps, because who need to hardcore overclock an 18 core to the max ? The power consumption is higher then it will benifit for apps or games. I dont understand why people buy so good stuff but dont understand it.

    A Bios reset means you reset the seetings in the bios nothing else.

    The updated "modded" bios just update the modules inside the bios not really the things that will benifit for overclocking. Only the microcodes make some changes, but most of them are only for security leaks... the 10 Series makes in some cases problems.. just google it
    Right now I am running the latest bios and all 18 cores at 4.7Ghz at 1.2V. Temps go to ~83C after a half hour of RealBench. So far no issues. I know people are running older bios versions and are getting better performance.

  7. #647
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array TSportM PC Specs
    TSportM PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JY
    MotherboardRampage Vi extreme Encore X299
    Processor10980XE@5.1ghz-1.360v
    Memory (part number)gskill ddr4 Royal gold 3600@3800
    Graphics Card #1Geforce RTX 3090@2100mhz
    Sound Cardonboard
    Monitor32:9 samsung C49H/ 2X asus 27 / 1X LG34
    Storage #1Samsung 970EvoPlus 1TB
    Storage #24xraid0 1tb wd black / 2Xsamsung SSD 850evo 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom LOOP
    CaseCorsair 1000D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS full Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset AStro A50
    Mouse Pad ASUS SHEATH
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500 digital
    OS windows 10 pro 64bit
    Network Routerasus GT - AX11000
    TSportM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Reputation
    20
    Posts
    142

    Quote Originally Posted by bogsha View Post
    7900x old that means old bios would work wiht it.
    10980xe new that means that maybe old bios will not support it. because he came out later... you need a new bios, new bios work always better.. its for me logical and makes sense.

    7900x is an 10 Core. You can clock him higher, because he will not consum so much power and make a lot of heat.

    10980xe is a brutal 18 core 36 threads CPU, do you think you can make with him 5,0 GHz ? 5,0 GHz x 18 Core x 36 Threads. 24/7 ?

    My 18 Core make 100°C on 4.4 GHz and i just tested it and switched back to normal auto speedsteps, because who need to hardcore overclock an 18 core to the max ? The power consumption is higher then it will benifit for apps or games. I dont understand why people buy so good stuff but dont understand it.

    A Bios reset means you reset the seetings in the bios nothing else.

    The updated "modded" bios just update the modules inside the bios not really the things that will benifit for overclocking. Only the microcodes make some changes, but most of them are only for security leaks... the 10 Series makes in some cases problems.. just google it

    my 10980XE is at 5.1 all cores on custom loop and i reach 100c some times in cinebench benchmark only so that depends my friend, your case is not all cases

    cheers
    GMS1Corsair 1000D|ROGRampageViEE-i910980XE@5.1ghz@1.36v custom loop|32gbGSKILLRoyalGold-DDR4-Geforce RTX 3090@2100mhz
    |1X970EvoPlus 1TB|850evo500gb|MX100 512gb|OCZ480gb|4X2TBWD SSD RD0@powerby Corsair 1500i
    @Steam - MDK_pt | uplay -»MDK-pt| battlenet -» MDKpt#21176 | origin -» MDK_PRT| youtube: Click here

  8. #648
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array vmanuelgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    50
    Posts
    342

    Quote Originally Posted by RichKnecht View Post
    Right now I am running the latest bios and all 18 cores at 4.7Ghz at 1.2V. Temps go to ~83C after a half hour of RealBench. So far no issues. I know people are running older bios versions and are getting better performance.
    Rather than older versions of bios, its the old microcodes inside which bring more performance. So u can mod a newer bios with old versions of microcodes, like 29 in CLX, and your rig will work a bit faster.
    Omega, 10980xe, G.Skill 3600, 2080Ti, SM951 256, 970 PRO, 860 EVO
    Intel 750, WD SN750 Black, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, 7200.14, 207EBK
    EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC. @Acer Predator x34

  9. #649
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    67
    Posts
    339

    Quote Originally Posted by bogsha View Post
    7900x old that means old bios would work wiht it.
    10980xe new that means that maybe old bios will not support it. because he came out later... you need a new bios, new bios work always better.. its for me logical and makes sense.

    7900x is an 10 Core. You can clock him higher, because he will not consum so much power and make a lot of heat.

    10980xe is a brutal 18 core 36 threads CPU, do you think you can make with him 5,0 GHz ? 5,0 GHz x 18 Core x 36 Threads. 24/7 ?

    My 18 Core make 100°C on 4.4 GHz and i just tested it and switched back to normal auto speedsteps, because who need to hardcore overclock an 18 core to the max ? The power consumption is higher then it will benifit for apps or games. I dont understand why people buy so good stuff but dont understand it.

    A Bios reset means you reset the seetings in the bios nothing else.

    The updated "modded" bios just update the modules inside the bios not really the things that will benifit for overclocking. Only the microcodes make some changes, but most of them are only for security leaks... the 10 Series makes in some cases problems.. just google it
    You have some bigger fish to fry brother. my 7900X was hot as hell and kept me at 5.0GHz max and toasty as hell pushing 100C doing that. Ive run my 10980XE all the way to 5.1 and still not at 100C. I run it 24x7 at 4.8 all cores 1.25Vcore no AVX offset running AVX renders for a day non stop and not passing mid 80s. I can run it up to 5.0 1.35Vcore and in low to mid 90s. 5.1 it hits high 90s.

    Im running the last posted modded 702 bios R6EE
    Last edited by BigJohnny; 11-29-2020 at 05:23 AM.

  10. #650
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Question for R6 Encore owners, which is the recommended bios currently? I got my board recently and running 0702 ( out of box ) and wanting to check which is recommended for good performance / OC ( ram especially ) for w/e reason on my R6EE I can't boot at 4000 on mem, but on my old R6E despite the bios version I could. Have loosened timings / pushed Ram voltage/vccio/vccsa etc more + vcore and still nothing, so I'm thinking it might just be bios related. I heard there were issues w/ the same on the 050X revisions, so curious if 06xx or 04xx or a custom of one of them would be better to test with?

    Running a 10980XE for anyone curious. RAM is Samsung B-die Gskill kit, and easily boots at 3800 CL15 @ 1.42v w/ no issues in TM5/HCI I've tested uptwads to 22CL with no avail, so definitely has to be something I'm missing.


    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    You have some bigger fish to fry brother. my 7900X was hot as hell and kept me at 5.0GHz max and toasty as hell pushing 100C doing that. Ive run my 10980XE all the way to 5.1 and still not at 100C. I run it 24x7 at 4.8 all cores 1.25Vcore no AVX offset running AVX renders for a day non stop and not passing mid 80s. I can run it up to 5.0 1.35Vcore and in low to mid 90s. 5.1 it hits high 90s.

    Im running the last posted modded 702 bios R6EE


    I thought the TJ MAX for this CPU was 86 though, wouldn't hitting 90's etc degrade it over time? I'm running 4.9 24/7 @ 1.23v but still get 90's on realbench, CB20 def hits thermal, curious how your setup is, I have avx offsets of 8 and 15 for AVX2/512 and still see temps spike up on that, wondering if there's something else to adjust for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by vmanuelgm View Post
    Rather than older versions of bios, its the old microcodes inside which bring more performance. So u can mod a newer bios with old versions of microcodes, like 29 in CLX, and your rig will work a bit faster.


    vmanuel is there a guide on how to modify it? I'd be interesting in testing this w/ my CPU to see any gains/performance if possible, and if so which do you recommend for the 10980XE?




    Quote Originally Posted by tistou77 View Post

    Registry keys (indicated Retpoline) :

    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
    "FeatureSettingsOverride"=dword:00000400
    "FeatureSettingsOverrideMask"=dword:00000400
    Registry keys (disable Spectre patch) :

    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
    "FeatureSettingsOverride"=dword:00000003
    "FeatureSettingsOverrideMask"=dword:00000003

    Ran both of these as well to validate things are off, though saw no change in performance, so assuming I need to ensure its disabled at the hardware level correct? As for which is that always included in the custom bios?
    Last edited by LunaP; 11-30-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •