cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX501 RMA advice

BaggyBizzle
Level 7
Heyup guys,
Can anyone shed some light on me RMA'ing my GX501. The graphics card has a Microsoft Code 43 error and the panel shows artifacts so I think it's dead. The thing is though... I have swapped out the SSD for a 970 Evo and I'm sure the sm961 had a little sticker on it where the screw holds it in place. Is this a warranty void sticker?

Thanks for any replies. 
4 REPLIES 4

pndiode
Level 11
RMA the GX501 in the condition that you brought it, because there is no guarantee that you will receive the item you RMA’ed. And then you will be howling about where is my 970 Evo?

Did ASUS sell it to you with a 970 Evo?

Try a RMA with what you purchased and you will receive one of two replies from ASUS, because of warranty sticker depending on your abode. Yes or No!

EZ-PEE-Z!

Can't do that. The other ssd is in another machine I don't have now. I'll specify I've changed it. Here's hoping

Otay!

BaggyBizzle wrote:
Can't do that. The other ssd is in another machine I don't have now. I'll specify I've changed it. Here's hoping

If it was me I would consider throwing a cheap used drive in there, but up to you.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…