cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting 5.1 levels for onboard audio in win 10 and/or Sonic Studio

BJBBJB
Level 7
I just upgraded my audio driver which installs the new Sonic Studio. I have looked all over and I just cannot find where you can set the individual levels of each speaker in the 5.1 setup. I can go to the realtek "audio device" in windows 10 and I setup 5.1, it recognizes the speakers and the test tone plays in each speaker.

But isn't there an "advanced" section in the sonic suite where you can set the levels of each speaker? I could swear I was able to do this back when I setup the motherboard but just cannot find it.

Hilariously I still get the "Sonic studio doesn't support the currently selected device? message if you click the perfect voice tab. Three years later......

I just want pure 5.1 audio if I am playing back a DVD or video I made and if stereo music, stereo is fine.
I have all the processing in sonic studio on off.

Thanks,
BJBBJB
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
Try going into the Windows Control Panel and opening up the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I believe you can change it from there.

Also, if you rt-click the volume control icon in the lower right and go to playback devices, you can select speakers, click on Properties. then in the Levels tab you will see individual speaker adjustments, although personally I have had little success with any impact from the available slider controls.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Try going into the Windows Control Panel and opening up the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I believe you can change it from there.

Also, if you rt-click the volume control icon in the lower right and go to playback devices, you can select speakers, click on Properties. then in the Levels tab you will see individual speaker adjustments, although personally I have had little success with any impact from the available slider controls.

Ahhhh, the Realtek HD audio in control panel. THAT is what I was looking for. Thanks!
BJBBJB

davemon50
Level 11
np, good luck.
Davemon50