cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2080 oc doa?

BeedooX
Level 7
Just got my shiny new Asus RTX 2080 OC, but it's artifacting with green blobs even prior to loading Windows.

The card falls back to 640x or 800x after the 'green blob' artifacts, so I suspect there something seriously wrong.

Tried it in a couple of machines - same story.
4 REPLIES 4

CSN7
Level 7
BeedooX wrote:
Just got my shiny new Asus RTX 2080 OC, but it's artifacting with green blobs even prior to loading Windows.

The card falls back to 640x or 800x after the 'green blob' artifacts, so I suspect there something seriously wrong.

Tried it in a couple of machines - same story.

It's kinda obvious right?

JustinThyme
Level 13
Did you clean out the installed drivers and start from scratch? Ive had this happen more than once. Enough to where Im just in the habit now. Before I remove the old hardware I uninstall the drivers, shut it down, put in the new hardware then do a fresh install of latest drivers.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

jologskyblues
Level 8
Rma?

JustinThyme
Level 13
Did you try above suggestions? Would hate for you to go though an RMA to find*you get the same issue again.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein