cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build my first computer Maximus Hero XI 3 restarts before boot?

Raigoz
Level 7
Hello All,

Just built my computer past two days using the Z390 Maximus Hero XI with 9700k. So far its been fine have windows installed and everything is in working order except one thing.

When I turn of computer at the back and turn the computer on again it quickly lights up and restarts twice within 2-3 seconds then goes through the post bios screen and into os is there something the motherboard is checking or mem check? I don't know whats causing this.

I have updated the bios to 0702 before the os install and I have not changed anything in the bios except set ai overclock to xmp II for memory.

Kind Regards

Paul
3 REPLIES 3

TheTiesThatBind
Level 7
Try this on stock settings as well, but I think it’s fine. When I switch off my power supply on my Maximus X Hero, once I turn it on again and hit the power button, the leds will turn on and off and then turn on again and boot & post to windows*

TheTiesThatBind wrote:
Try this on stock settings as well, but I think it’s fine. When I switch off my power supply on my Maximus X Hero, once I turn it on again and hit the power button, the leds will turn on and off and then turn on again and boot & post to windows*

This is normal behavior. It will happen after turning off the power supply and rebooting or after installing a new bios or clearing the cmos. Subsequent reboots should post without multiple reboots.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

Feklar wrote:
This is normal behavior. It will happen after turning off the power supply and rebooting or after installing a new bios or clearing the cmos. Subsequent reboots should post without multiple reboots.

I thought it was normal as well, thanks for confirming it 🙂