cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive Wear on side rubbers of ROG Spatha

Dukah
Level 7
I've got a ROG Spatha that I've been using for 8 months now, and the side rubbers are falling apart. Is this something I can warranty, or is it a "wear and tear" thing that I just have to deal with? I usually get 2-3 years out of a mouse before it wears to this point...

Thanks,

Dustin
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
I would just try contacting support and ask. If it was merely worn I would think normal wear but the rubber looks like it is cracking.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

czechoj
Level 7
I have not seen such a dirty mouse for a long time. After all, this rubber has been damaged mechanically, perhaps during cleaning

czechoj wrote:
I have not seen such a dirty mouse for a long time. After all, this rubber has been damaged mechanically, perhaps during cleaning

The bright camera flash makes dirt look worse than it is. Also I've been to LAN parties and just looking around you will see many people's peripherals are extremely gross. A little dust like this doesn't even come close.

That said, you might have a point. If the OP used any cleaners or solvents on the rubber that could be what damaged it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Dukah
Level 7
Yeah the camera flash does highlight the grunginess of it 😛

I haven't used any cleaners or anything like that, it's just the point where my thumb rests and that appears to have worn it down...

I'll try contacting support and see what they say, thanks for the help 🙂

Dustin