cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Q-Fan Control Issue With CPU Fan - No Manual Profile Control

idahosurge
Level 7
In the BIOS Q-Fan Control when I set the CPU Fan profile to manual all of the profile sliders are set to 100% fan speed regardless of temperature and I can not change them. When set to manual the CPU fan runs at 100% regardless of temperature and I cannot set a custom profile.

Is this normal for the BIOS Q-Fan Control to force the CPU fan to run at 100% when the profile is set to manual mode and you cannot move the sliders and setup a custom profile?

I am on BIOS 1301.

Chassis fans 1, 2,3 and the hi-amp fan are fine, I can setup a customer profile for all four.
1 REPLY 1

Quozzo
Level 7
I don't use the BIOS fan controller but I do use Asus Suit for the fan controller. There, the CPU fan is the only one that I can't alter the source for, so it is constantly monitoring the CPU temp and adjusting the fan speed accordingly. I can turn it on manual mode and set the limit to 75c before the fans go to max but below that I can set the speed based on temp, which is at 50% for everything up until 75c.

My BIOS isnt 0802 as suggested in my PC Specs but maybe try the other bios to see if the same thing occurs.