cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z390 Hero XI Wifi 9700K DCP Latency Sound Pop issues

Raigoz
Level 7
Hello all,

I been getting pop and crackling noise here and there and was told to use LatencyMon if that shows anything and it came up with "Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real time audio and other tasks.

I only built the computer 3 days ago I updated the bios to 0702 set my ram to XMP 2 which is 32gb DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro Dual Channel 3200mhz (2 sticks) and just that in bios is there anything else I should try like disable c state or anything? here is report from latency mon
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
CONCLUSION
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:00:49 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: &&&&&&&&&
OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x64)
Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Logical processors: 8
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 32688 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 360 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 1184.425993
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2.769363

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1168.781557
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.170285

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 187.231111
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.146056
Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.198367

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 67157
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 1206.516667
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 417.71 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.067342
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.197461

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 196440
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 5
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 2
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: msmpeng.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 36
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 13
Number of processes hit: 3

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3.312678
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 187.231111
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.772081
CPU 0 ISR count: 65819
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1206.516667
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 0.733054
CPU 0 DPC count: 187752
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.289957
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 99.232778
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.005519
CPU 1 ISR count: 1338
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 158.987778
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.031154
CPU 1 DPC count: 6774
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.332196
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR count: 0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 98.970
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.004098
CPU 2 DPC count: 759
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.099327
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR count: 0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 47.305556
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.001372
CPU 3 DPC count: 300
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.132143
CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 4 ISR count: 0
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 65.386667
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0.000753
CPU 4 DPC count: 123
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.058070
CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 5 ISR count: 0
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 84.927778
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0.001360
CPU 5 DPC count: 235
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.994880
CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 6 ISR count: 0
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 111.015556
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0.001273
CPU 6 DPC count: 321
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.029979
CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 7 ISR count: 0
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 55.794444
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0.000983
CPU 7 DPC count: 183

Kind Regards

Paul.
3 REPLIES 3

bluebaronnn
Level 7
Hey Paul. I recently built a very similar system and I'm having the same exact issues you're having. I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was wrong and found your thread via google. Anyway, my system has an i9-9900k and a Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, and it has massive DPC latency spikes (up to 8000 μs just on the desktop). This was on a fresh Windows 10 installation. I even reinstalled and the problem persists. Really hoping someone can help us figure this out 😞

bluebaronnn wrote:
Hey Paul. I recently built a very similar system and I'm having the same exact issues you're having. I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was wrong and found your thread via google. Anyway, my system has an i9-9900k and a Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, and it has massive DPC latency spikes (up to 8000 μs just on the desktop). This was on a fresh Windows 10 installation. I even reinstalled and the problem persists. Really hoping someone can help us figure this out 😞

Update for anyone having similar issues: in my case, it turns out it was the driver for the Intel NIC on the board causing trouble. I noticed that when the system had no drivers whatsoever installed after a fresh Windows 10 install, it didn't have the DPC latency problems. So anyway, after uninstalling every Intel driver I seem to be good to go. Hope this can be of help

Zeroed85
Level 8
I'm experiencing the pops and crackles with a Maximus XI Hero as well. I've troubleshooted all the way down to thinking it's a motherboard issue. The pops and crackles are persistent over the motherboard audio, my Sound Blaster X-AE5 sound card and the Nvidia HD audio played through my monitor.

What could be the issue? Board fault? Something an updated chipset driver could fix? Can any other XI Hero owners pitch in?