ROG Junior Member Array

AMD X570 Chipset Flagship Request

Hello Everyone, i basically signed up to make a post about something i consider important for the next Asus Flagship motherboard for Amd Ryzen. I've been an exclusively amd based systems builder and user since the year 2000 and still have many asus boards from my old systems like socket 939 flagship etc. I've tried to stay with the flagships but last year when i wanted to upgrade to x470 chipset motherboard. i found that there was only one hdmi port. because of this i was forced to go with Msi Gamingplus x470 as this provided me with an hdmi and DVI port which i can run on my dual display setup. I am hoping that Asus would regain me as a customer as i am planning another upgrade to build at least 2 new systems for the upcoming Amd G series(renoir) prcoessors and I would like to make my build exclusively asus hardware. motherboard, cpu cooler, powersupply etc. i usually build 2 systems with the exact same hardware as i like to have a clone backup in cae of any hardware failure.

so I would like to ask Asus if it would be possible to ensure that the next x570 flagship motherboard for Amd Ryzen carry dual hdmi display ports so that i wont have to use an DVI or Display Port adapters? And one more suggestion if you could, please make the atx 24-pin power connector at a right angle so that the cables dont stick up from the board? id like to do a neat watercooled build for this setup. something to show for my upcoming youtube channel. but for now this channel will most likely debut with my current MSI motherboard. i do have 2 systems running the fm2+ flagship Asus Crossblade Ranger motherboard with Amd A10 7700k Apu processors and at least one of them will probably get a highlight on my youtube channel at some point, but unfortunately may not be ale to be the centerpiece of my gaming and tech reviews channel. Though I do have a liquid cooled GTX 1080, i've plotted a course in which i plan to stick to using AMD's Apu technology in all of my systems and dual HDMI would be ideal for my setup and needs as a researcher, content and music producer and gamer. but failing that, i would personally prefer to use 1 hdmi and 1dvi for my dual display setup as i only game on one display anyway via the hdmi connection. The Display port is just too inconvenient to my needs weird as that may sound. i dont really even like cables that much and having to use adapters triggers my ocd i think

P.S - kind of looking forward to a wireless/wired RGB keyboard from Asus also to go with my next build like you did with the Asus Spatha Mouse, which i hope to purchase soon. Asus is the best at hardware for me and though the msi board is nice and stable, its just not as feature packed and well thought out as Asus Rog Flagships tend to be. something i plan on highlighting in my reviews.

Anyway Thanks Asus for all the years of great hardware. please dont forget me for x570. i know i dont need to upgrade from x470. but i'd like to upgrade my fm2+ systems which i use for music production mainly to utilize M.2 NVME and so i've held out on upgrading them to x470 so that i can make the jump to x570.

Thanks again and Best Regards,
    John
    Last edited by portgas; 01-30-2019 at 04:13 PM.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

I don't know anything about ASUS's product plans but I just thought I would mention that there are right angle 24-pin adapters. So if you find a board you like but the plug is pointing the wrong way you can work around it.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    I don't know anything about ASUS's product plans but I just thought I would mention that there are right angle 24-pin adapters. So if you find a board you like but the plug is pointing the wrong way you can work around it.
    hey thanks. i do know about those.. but did i mention that i quite dislike using adapters?

besides there arent any asus branded ones i know about. just coolermaster. and i dont really like seeing other brandnames in my asus build case either. am i too picky? lol

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Ah, well I bought an unbranded one. I prefer the clean look.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array panzlock PC Specs
    panzlock PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS X553M, ASUS Zenpad 10 Z300M, ASUS X542BA-DH99
    MotherboardASUS P8Z68-V LX, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i5-2500K, Intel i7-6700K, AMD Ryzen R7 1700
    Memory (part number)8GB Kingston 1333MhzDDR3 C9, 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3000Mhz DDR4 C16, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 560Ti, ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 O8G OC, Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 56
    Monitor32" INSIGNIA 720p, 32" Samsung 1080p C32F391FWN, 32" ASUS 1440p VA32AQ
    Storage #1Seagate 150GB 7200RPM, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" 6Gb/s Solid State Drive (X2)
    Storage #2Seagate 500GB 7200RPM, WD Blue 3TB - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
    CPU CoolerDeepcool GAMMAXX 300, Deepcool Lucifer V2, Wraith Spire
    CaseAntec Sonata, Deepcool Dukase V1, Deepcool Dukase V3
    Power SupplyATX 650, EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 (X2)
    Keyboard Logitech K220, MSI Interceptor DS4200 (X2)
    Mouse Microsoft 1850, Microsoft 4500, Gamdias Erebos LE, MSI DS 100, Redragon M601 Centrophorus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z313, Logitech Z506 (X2)
    OS Windows 10 Home X64, Windows 10 Pro X64 (X2)

Quote Originally Posted by portgas View Post

am i too picky? lol
    I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.