cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency/voltage edit in GPU Tweak II

Faspro64
Level 7
Has anyone tried to use GPU Tweak for editing voltage/frequency? I've seen many posts where people use MSI Afterburner, can it be done with the Asus software? I just want to try undervolting. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yes it can

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Yes it can

Hello all!
I can't change indicators on a horizontal line with voltage... so conceived?
https://cdn1.savepice.ru/uploads/2019/2/2/45c88ed89788839c79db94bad153542a-full.jpg
How I can make undervolting without change voltage?
How can?
Thanks!

Faspro64 wrote:
Right, you can't change the voltage indicators. You can manipulate the frequency sliders up to lower voltage. This is how you "undervolt", or I like to call it fine tuning.

Thanks for an answer)
What kind of undervolting is in question? I can't change voltage line, only frequency...nonsense!
If I click on "User Define" button on GPU Clock(MHz) block... and see:
- voltage 1150 (voltage line) for 1309 (frequency line);
- voltage 1150 (voltage line) for 1364(frequency line);
- voltage 1150 (voltage line) for 1431(frequency line).
It's wrong... between 1309 and 1431 located 122(MHz).

https://dropmefiles.com/TzgXl

I don't want to use other overclock tools and install many other programs...
Very bad that here I can't be done it =(

Faspro64
Level 7
Right, you can't change the voltage indicators. You can manipulate the frequency sliders up to lower voltage. This is how you "undervolt", or I like to call it fine tuning.

Faspro64
Level 7
It takes patience and some research when using user define for adjusting frequency/voltage. There are some articles and videos online, but not much. You have to see some examples, and get a general idea on fine tuning your clock. I'm new at this too. I will post some screen shots of some examples I've seen. Also, there is a posting on this forum from Silent Scone@ Asus who goes into detail on overclocking GTX 1080 ti. It's worth checking out. Search out overclocking gtx 1080 ti strix. The same technique applies to any Nvidia card.