cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 VSK Gaming Centre?

Dalski
Level 8
Sorry for the silly question, can anyone point me where the G752VSK Gaming Centre is? Ive tried:

Presumably it's titled XG Station?
14 REPLIES 14

jdfrench3
Level 12
Yes, silly question...

Both of your links have copies of the ROG Gaming Center (version 2.1.5). Located under the Utilities Subsection.

Presume nothing, its' titled ROG Gaming Center.

The latest version of ROG Gaming Center that can be installed on the G752VSK is version 2.5.10 from the G703GI ASUS Download Center website:

Before you can make the program work, you must have the original ROG Gaming Center installed from your eSupport Folder using the ASUS Installation Wizard. Another download you need is the Turbo Gear Updater (search this forum for a copy).

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Dalski
Level 8
Thanks jdfrench3. Sorry that was real dense of me. Cool, I wasn't aware that 2.5.10 can be installed, that should be listed on the G752VSK page; though I wouldn't have been able to find it :D.

I only just noticed that when I open the C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\LaunchROGGamingCenter.exe (Admin launched) the program runs fine. It must be a bug conflicting with something on my machine.

So what part of ROG Gaming Center is NOT working?
Homebuilt Windows Server

Dalski
Level 8
The ROG Gaming Center itself; it will not load when running the ROG Gaming Center.exe.

It will run from C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\LaunchROGGamingCenter.exe (Admin launched) but not from the standard ROG Gaming Center.exe. Hopefully that's clear.

Don't really want to keep loading it via post #3.

What concerns me is that majority of the time it's default setting is Extreme on the G752 VSK. Thus putting unnecessary wear on the CPU & GPU. I'm hearing the fans running a lot more when I don't load the ROG Gaming Center & switch it to the normal setting.

Try reloading the ROG Gaming Center software from your eSupport Folder, then update to the latest version.
Homebuilt Windows Server

MonsieurGreen
Level 7
Hello JD, hello Dalski,

JD you are French ? 😉 (so we speak english only for fun)

What is the difference between
https://www.asus.com/fr/supportonly/G752VSK/HelpDesk_Download/
and
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G752VS-7th-Gen-Intel-Core/HelpDesk_Download/

i want to OC my laptop (CHIMERA-G752VS-BA548T who is a VSK : see with you in other post)

If i install the bios ROG G752VS OC Edition (7th Gen Intel Core) the OC menu will be open on the bios ? it's compatible with my laptop ?

Dalski
Level 8
Hi MonsieurGreen,

Yes I agree it's very unclear. The first link is the G752 VS OC 7th edition Intel Core & the second is the G752VSK. I'm not exactly sure of the difference between the two of them. I was concerned that I made a mistake & posted the same link twice but I didn't. I just checked & the second link is definitely the G752VSK.

I tried updating the BIOS (ver 302) via the 1st link (OC 7th edition Intel Core) & it didn't work. I updated via the G752VSK link & that worked (BIOS ver 304). I was hoping it would get my Thunderbolt working but no such luck.

My personal opinion is don't bother - with all the danger associated with it why take the risk? If you do make sure you download your current version of BIOS should things go wrong.

Folks,
First verify what G752 laptop you have. Simply right click on the Start Icon in the lower left corner, then in the Run Window, write dxdiag and press enter. See attachment. Your correct model will be displayed.

If you have a G752VS then you can update your BIOS to version 310.

If you have a G752VSK then you can update your BIOS to version 302.

Dalski,
What is wrong with your ROG Gaming Center, as posted earlier, before being hijacked by MonsieurGreen ?
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Folks,
First verify what G752 laptop you have. Simply right click on the Start Icon in the lower left corner, then in the Run Window, write dxdiag and press enter. See attachment. Your correct model will be displayed.

If you have a G752VS then you can update your BIOS to version 310.

If you have a G752VSK then you can update your BIOS to version 302.

Sorry jdfrench3 having trouble understanding you in the above post, yes I noticed you have ver 304, but the above doesn't seem correct at all? I can only say that ver 302 would not work on my system; which is a G752VSK:

Just trying to put correct info out there to help others should they experience this, as the above statement seems incorrect to me & the reinstallation of Gaming Centre (for me) was not as you had experienced on your machine. I'm not trying to sound argumentative here, though it may be coming across that way. To me it doesn't seem that the correct drivers/ apps are listed on the website properly. If the G752VSK can go to Gaming Centre xxx? Then surely xxx? should be listed in the G752VSK downloads section & only applicable BIOS versions which work on that machine should be available there also.

Maybe I'm missing something or not paying attention properly. Thanks for your input.

EDIT: My G752VSK is supposed to have Thunderbolt, but it doesn't! Can't get it to work no matter what, posted several posts here about it but just can't get it to work. Read countless articles, no luck!