cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 BIOS 1903 - is final!

Mappi75
Level 8
10 REPLIES 10

TheEternaL
Level 9
Hello. Has anyone already tried this version? Which changes?

TheEternaL wrote:
Hello. Has anyone already tried this version? Which changes?

Yep I just installed it and no issues so far. Just keep mind to jot down or photograph all your Bios settings.

The ASUS Settings backup to USB ONLY works if restoring back while the same BIOS is installed. Once you update to a new version it will fail the restore every time. Sadly this is one of best reasons to have your bios settings backed up to USB. I can't believe ASUS hasn't resolved this issue from day one. But honestly I'm pretty sure they could give a Flying F@C#.

Godofmosquitoes
Level 7
Do we know if anything has changed besides the microcode? I found that the 1902 BIOS with the 31 microcode added, provides smoother in-game performance than this BIOS with the 2E microcode. But that is of course my subjective experience.

Works so far, but I don't know what have changed at all.

Mappi75
Level 8
Installed the bios - no problems so far.

Does OC (Broadwell-E) working now with the Win 10 & updates? Is this fixed?

BTW: i thought i found some new screens in the bios - i have to look again and will post if i can find something.

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Interesting it doesn't say Beta bios 🙂
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mappi75
Level 8
It did not lower the voltage for the cpu @default/Intel specs - or did i have to activate something in the bios?
(maybe i forgot something..)

cpu runs with 1,249 @idle

Edit: i had the pc one day powerless and now - now it lowers the idle power @0,786

Playgrd
Level 7
Anyone else having trouble. I loaded the new bios and computer boot stalled with code of bd. Would not give boot beep or enter setup. Had to revert to old bios 1902 to restart and enter windows. Anyone have suggestions as how to update without this problem. Updated via ez update via downloaded and renamed bios.

Playgrd wrote:
Anyone else having trouble. I loaded the new bios and computer boot stalled with code of bd. Would not give boot beep or enter setup. Had to revert to old bios 1902 to restart and enter windows. Anyone have suggestions as how to update without this problem. Updated via ez update via downloaded and renamed bios.

Off course with ASUS BIOS Flashback.
Rename BIOS File with BIOS Renamer, format some good working USB Flash in FAT32, coy renamed BIOS file on USB Flash.Shut down PC.
Remove all cables from motherboard, internet, mouse, keyboard, externa HDD and you can find in manual port reserved for ASUS BIOS Flashback and press button above and you will sell ligh on flash will start to blink next 2-3 minutes.

https://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/