cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703GI Battery Drain to Almost Zero When Laptop Off Overnight Sometimes

PhilG55vw
Level 9
I have a seldom seen but recurring issue with my G703GI, the battery drains to almost zero during the night when the unit has been turned shutdown via the start menu. The only thing plugged in is a wired gaming mouse, nothing else. This has happened 5 times now since last August when I received the computer. Everything else is fine. Checking the battery performance tells me nothing as the unit is powered off (apparently anyway). Nothing much on the web that I can find, other than an Intel Management setting in Device Manager.

Any thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5

navis995
Level 11
Try using your laptop on battery during the day and see how long of a battery life you get. It might be that its dead but the reports are wrong. Thats how it was for me. Every report said its fine but the battery had life of 2 minutes.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

JohCar
Level 7
Same problem for me 100% battery yesterday and 0% today.The laptop shoutdown if I don´t wait 10 min? for battery to charge..79569

12% wear level?!?! should I be worried? What will happen if I get 100% wear level? G703GI bye bye? bought May last year.

JohCar wrote:
Same problem for me 100% battery yesterday and 0% today.The laptop shoutdown if I don´t wait 10 min? for battery to charge..

Do you remember what you were doing just before you shutdown? I'm trying to see if this is tied to a particular event or condition.

JohCar
Level 7
I played https://store.steampowered.com/app/758410/AO_International_Tennis/ I shutdown only a few min after I stopped playing the game.Yes demanding game for some reason.Less noice from fans if I play Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice or DEAD OR ALIVE 6.

PhilG55vw
Level 9
I am only playing Destiny2 now, and laptop needs both chargers to keep up. It may be tied to resource hungry games, will keep a better eye on that as usage otherwise is just normal computer stuff.