cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to underclock my CPU Ryzen 5 2600x in Asus Prime B450M-A?

uchix3
Level 7
Hi,
I have a new Ryzen 5 2500x with Corsair RAM OC(xmp) at 3200(I say this cuz i see that the CPU it´s OC too but i dont OC it) and when i start the PC it´s start using 4.1Ghz but for the moment i dont have liquid cooling(I use the stock cooling) and i have 83 C°+ in some games(like Monster Hunter World). I unistalled Ryzen Master program but I always have the CPU OC at 4.1Ghz(Sometimes 4.2Ghz) automatic. The Question is: How to put it max 3.6Ghz the CPU by the Bios? I dont want to change it every time with the Ryzen Master program.

My PC:
*Asus PRIME B450M-A
*AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler - YD260XBCAFBOX

PD: Im from Costa rica, sorry for my english.
3 REPLIES 3

CornFlakes
Level 7
Thats normal behavior and 83c is totally fine under load with the AMD Stock cooler. But to answer your question:

In the bios there must be a menu called AMD CBS or similar. In this menu there is an option called AMD Core Performance Boost - Disable it. Then it doesnt using the turbo anymore.

CornFlakes wrote:
Thats normal behavior and 83c is totally fine under load with the AMD Stock cooler. But to answer your question:

In the bios there must be a menu called AMD CBS or similar. In this menu there is an option called AMD Core Performance Boost - Disable it. Then it doesnt using the turbo anymore.

Thanks, it´s work.

Equinox187
Level 7
The CPU is not over clocked, it has a boost speed and this is where it will boost 2 cores up to the max boost speed set by AMD and it only does this if there is a safe temperature over head, so it is perfectly normal, the temp might also seem high but the temp you are getting is far from the max temp the chip can take, personally if it was me I would invest in a decent cooler as while the stock one is ok it really is not good, because to me it makes more sense to spend 30-40 bucks on a good air cooler or 120mm AIO and use the full potential of the cpu that under clock it and loose performance you paid for.