cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27UQ OC clock hz fails

Psycrow
Level 11
Im using the PG27UQ minitor with a 2080 rtx ti auros card and the 1.4 display port cable from asus.

At the moment i use 4 k res with 98 hz 10 bit and RGB since that is the best options due to 1.4 DP limits.
But when i enable the OC boost to 144 hz in the monitor option, then i once had a problem with the hz rate and the bit mode.

I could not choose any hz above 82 or set the bit to 10 or RGB. It would only set the screen to 82 hz 8 bit 4.2.2

Then i disabled the OC boost and i could choose 98-120 hz again and 10 bit RGB. I tryed to enable and disable this OC boots few times.
And sometimes it worked where i could choose up to 144 hz but sometimes it would not let me change the hz to above 82 with the OC enabled.

Even when it works an dthe OC boost is enabled and i play a game , then sudenly at random times the settings drops to 82 hz 8 bit 4.2.2
and when i reboot then i can choose the 144 hz again or 98 hz 10 bit RGB.

Is it the screen or the gfx card that messed with my settings ?
Its driving me crazy here...has anyone tryed this ?
or else try switch the OC boots on and off few times to see if this "error" triggers on ur screen.
16 REPLIES 16

Psycrow
Level 11
bump

xeromist
I'll move you over here to the monitor section but I'm not sure if it's actually the monitor. It could also be the GPU or the cable. Maybe someone here has an idea though.

It almost sounds to me like the link is failing the handshake and degrading but I don't know if any tools to validate link quality and throughput. That seems like it would be useful.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Psycrow
Level 11
Yes that could sound like a "handshake" problem with either the GPU or the cable..i doubt it sthe cable sinze i use the one asus gave me with the monitor. I also tryed all the display ports on the GPU card with no luck.

Atm i disabled the OC and the hz and bit dosent change back to 82 hz or 8 bity. So im sure that something messes up the OC boost with the screen.

Before my 2080 ti card i had 2 x 970 sli using 60 hz with the 144 hz boost activated even if i could not use more than the 60 then it was activated. And the hz dident change below 60 at all. But it sounds strange that im the only one in the world having this issue.

xeromist
Well, I wasn't thinking it was a faulty GPU port as much as maybe it's just a driver bug. I'm not sure how many people are running in the specific modes you're testing. My guess is most people don't bother changing the color depth, only worrying about resolution and frame rate.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

So when i reboot my pc or enters a game in fullscreen mode
Then there is a russian roulette chance that this happens.

Its basicly every time the monitor needs to refresh and blink black for few seconds then its random if i get get my own settings or 82 or 30 hz.
Until i reset the OSD in the menu or reboots my pc so the monitor can reset or get a new firm handshake.

I just send in my gfx card to RMA for testing and next will be this monitor..amazing you cant buy any 2000 $ products and its broken somehow.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zkb53k4mfwn00q7/AABEr9Nnxw6zEhuADWvFPDzWa?dl=0

Psycrow
Level 11

Psycrow
Level 11

Psycrow
Level 11
This is basicly the 2 modes i get on random boot up or everytime the the pg27uq needs to refresh the screenpicture.
Its messed up !

Psycrow
Level 11
By the way..these modes can be triggered if i enable or disable the OC 144 hz in the OSD menu.

So if i boot up with my own settings and i want to enable OC then after the screen blinks black for few seconds to refresh and enables the OC then there is a chance
I get 30 hz mode or 82 hz mode. If i then disable the OC again then i can get my own mode back again if im lucky not to hit the 82 over the 30 hz mode or visa versa.

Now the OC dosent need to be ON or off..if i boot up with ect 82 hz and enable OC again then i be lucky go get my own settings back again like a screen reset.

There is no rhyme or reason to it. No pattern just randomness..
Play russian roulette and BUM ur dead or not