cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cinebench and timespy cpu weird decrease in score. Question.

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Hello. I have 9900K oc to 5ghz. MCE ON,INTEL TURBO ON.

*Temps are 70C max in looped cinebench. Gpu temps fine. Mobo Asus Prime Z390-A with updated BIOS/UEFI.

*So first i had newest drivers 417.71 and my cinebench scores was always consistent like 2115-2150.
TimeSpy psyhic test was 40fps always. But today i installed for some reason driver version 416.94.
*After second restart ( not first ) score in Cinebench R15 was less consistent ,like at start 2180 and then 2100,2050,1990 ,and after 3 minutes it stabilized to 2120-2150 . I checked 3dmark Time Spy psyhic test,and score was 37fps not 40fps like always.
But 3dmark raport 5ghz during test ,so not throttling.

But again after 3 minutes ( like in cinebench ) it stabilized to 40fps and psyhic score was normal.
Any ideas why that happened for a while ( moment ) on 416.94?
I dont had any process in background but only saw ,that after moment a message from nvidia ( left right corner ) pop up about actually new nvidia driver. Also had enabled share overlay in GF experience.
*So i uninstalled 416.94 and installed again 417.71 and scores are consistent like before.

*Motherboard Asus Prime Z390-A with updated bios. No crashing,no bsods. Only that scores why they was lower?
Does cinebench cpu score can be affected by gpu driver or why i had for few minutes lower cinebench scores and lower fps in psyhic test time spy?
4 REPLIES 4

jab383
Level 13
Any scores can be affected by a driver that is using CPU resources for any purpose. Those 3 minutes may have been when the driver or Windows Update phoned home to check for available updates. Windows booting also keeps the CPU busy while pretending to run for the user. If score consistency matters, wait out those three minutes after booting.

Cinebench has the test for OpenGL which causes the driver to wake up and prepare for 3D operation whether the OpenGL test is run or not. It's not surprising that behavior is like a 3D benchmark.

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
But i was talking about cpu score in cinebench and time spy cpu test ,anyway ,just wait some minutes after booting yes?
And if was not happened on 417.71 never so that was propably driver issue?*

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Update: Geforce experience was issue. Uninstalled and no lower scores.

lpiotrowski211 wrote:
Update: Geforce experience was issue. Uninstalled and no lower scores.

I read that also, not only that. i find out that having these and DX12 on some games crash. i make a DDU with out these, and no more crash. I report these to nvidia, but they are working a new one to add the hot fix
Learn, Play Enjoy!