cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Extreme Tuning - first benchmark runs but never completes

WastedJoker
Level 8
hiya,

I've tried using XTU to get some benchmarks and hopefully do some modest "easy" overclocks but the first benchmark in XTU in "Basic Tuning" doesn't even finish. It is only meant to take a couple of minutes and even if I leave it for half an hour there's no sign of any significant cpu utilization.

I've attached a screenshot - the bit at the bottom of the left column under "Watchdog" makes me wonder if something isn't installed? I've uninstalled and reinstalled XTU with admin rights and nothing changes. The Watychdog timer shows up in Device Manager with Hidden Devices enabled....

Is there something I need to enable in BIOS? I've got some modest RAM OC via the BIOS but was hoping XTU would do a decent job before I waded into the BIOS myself (I'm new to OC tbh).
2 REPLIES 2

x-rated
Level 8
XTU is weak benchmark, use something more advanced what can squeeze your pc more 🙂 like y-cruncher which can test system stability more too
run it and use settings 0, 1, 7 (for 16 GB of memory)

x-rated wrote:
XTU is weak benchmark, use something more advanced what can squeeze your pc more 🙂 like y-cruncher which can test system stability more too
run it and use settings 0, 1, 7 (for 16 GB of memory)

I'd still like to figure out why XTU isn't working though.

I especially want to be able to have a non-OC and OC profile too.