cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something Wrong with Cerberus Sofftware

Wolfie247
Level 7
So about an year ago I bought a Cerberus RGB Mechanical keyboard. This had some issues but by far the worst aspect of it was the Software for the RGB controls, but learned the stupid logic and got used to using that stupid excuse for a software but now it's being a special pain as it has decided it don't want to work anymore.

When I select RED as the overall colour of the keyboard some keys light up orange, and I'm fairly certain it's a software issue because when I select all lights to be off (custom->delete all assigned colours) those same keys that went orange light up green all the while the software is showing them as off, If I want Red I have to set the colour to yellow and all the troublesome keys light up red.

This is really confusing and ugly.

Only got a 6 month warranty too.

5 REPLIES 5

cah4e3
Level 7
you mix up 2 rgb app's and wonder why something goes wrong, rly?
no offence - but mixing 2 apps and posting here - just wastes developers time (THEY HAVE THINGS TO FIX)....

cah4e3 wrote:
you mix up 2 rgb app's and wonder why something goes wrong, rly?
no offence - but mixing 2 apps and posting here - just wastes developers time (THEY HAVE THINGS TO FIX)....

Unfortunately thats not the case I have 2 apps for RGB and the aura sync has been reinstallled to no avail. My other gear is not RGB and they do not have seperate software to control colours. I've also tried uninstalling the drivers again NO USE.

Thanks for the condescending reply tho

davemon50
Level 11
According to a PREVIOUS POST here Aura Sync does not work with that KB. However, have you tried opening the sync software to see if you can UN-link the KB? I don't use sync or that KB so cannot try it myself. In that post Asus is telling you to use the software, in spite of the rude remark above.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
According to a PREVIOUS POST here Aura Sync does not work with that KB. However, have you tried opening the sync software to see if you can UN-link the KB? I don't use sync or that KB so cannot try it myself. In that post Asus is telling you to use the software, in spite of the rude remark above.

Thanks for the reply.
Currently Aura is fully uninstalled and only the Cerberus software is installed, in any case in Aura only my MB and VGA (The only 2 Aura sync compatible devices I got) show up anyways. It has been that way since I built my PC in 2017.
FYI there is no other RGB controlling software installed either. This is just crap software mixing something up, is there anyway to fully reset my KB? because even after I uninstall cerberus it remembers my presets and stores the profiles on the keyboard itself. Maybe 2 of those profiles are stacked on top of each other and that is what is causing the issue.

davemon50
Level 11
According to page 3 of the manual you hold down the FN+ESC keys for 3 seconds, until you see the KB flash, and then all profiles will be reset. It looks to me like the Cerberus software also allows you to reset the profiles.

You might also check the drivers in Device Manager if that doesn't work. You could uninstall it and then reinstall it from the disk.
Davemon50