Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Z390-I VCCIO and System Agent...What do you guys set your voltages at?

    Hardware:
    - Z390-I motherboard
    - (16gb x 2) 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz C15 (CMR32GX4M2C3000C15)
    - 9900K CPU

    I put VCCIO and System Agent voltages to Auto, which set VCCIO to 1.328 V and System Agent to 1.232 V.

    I asked around on YouTube and Reddit, and nearly everyone said I could lower it.

    So I lowered the VCCIO to 1.232 V in bios, which was the same as the System Agent voltage, and it jumped to 1.264 V, according to HWiNFO64 and HWMonitor.

    Corsair also mentioned to leave it on auto for stability reasons, but I have yet to run into any problems at 1.264 V, even after succesfully passing OCCT medium packet, AIDA64 and MEMTest64.

    How far should I lower the VCCIO and System Agent before calling it a day? I just don't want to have to CMOS reset. Some people even said go as low as 1.1xx.

    What do you guys run your VCCIO and System Agent voltages at?

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    79
    Posts
    916

    Quote Originally Posted by tml4191 View Post
    Hardware:
    - Z390-I motherboard
    - (16gb x 2) 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz C15 (CMR32GX4M2C3000C15)
    - 9900K CPU

    I put VCCIO and System Agent voltages to Auto, which set VCCIO to 1.328 V and System Agent to 1.232 V.

    I asked around on YouTube and Reddit, and nearly everyone said I could lower it.

    So I lowered the VCCIO to 1.232 V in bios, which was the same as the System Agent voltage, and it jumped to 1.264 V, according to HWiNFO64 and HWMonitor.

    Corsair also mentioned to leave it on auto for stability reasons, but I have yet to run into any problems at 1.264 V, even after succesfully passing OCCT medium packet, AIDA64 and MEMTest64.

    How far should I lower the VCCIO and System Agent before calling it a day? I just don't want to have to CMOS reset. Some people even said go as low as 1.1xx.

    What do you guys run your VCCIO and System Agent voltages at?


    Rule of thumb: Run it as low as you can with stability. Lower is better. Less heat. Less breakdown of the CPU. Auto defaults pretty high to accommodate higher speeds ram, densities, IMC variability and cpu overclocks. That said, no need to push it too low and run into random instability. Run it only low enough to produce a consistently stable operation.

    I run mine at VCCIO 1.264 (as measured) and SA 1.248. That's a chunk under Auto settings (which defaults at an eye watering 1.32v) so I'm happy right where I'm at and I'm not going to bother pushing down further for the time being. I may tinker again when I have time and see if I can drop it a bit more later. But I'm not feeling pressed to do it.

    Feel free to step it down another notch or 2 if you want to experiment. Eventually it will crash which isn't a big deal. But you won't want to be on the hairy edge of stability.
    Last edited by mdzcpa; 02-03-2019 at 02:16 AM.

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Thanks for the tip!

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus x code bios1704
    Memory (part number)8700k 5.1/4.9avx
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 gaming trio
    MonitorHP Omen 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU CoolerH150i
    CaseLian li pc011
    Power SupplyEvga supernova g3 850w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    194

    Agreed, mine defaulted crazy high. I lowered down to 1.28/1.20 I think but I believe vccio can go much lower. I ended up getting my normal oc first and chasing that one last.

  5. #5
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    124
    Posts
    1,818

    Auto rules are designed to cover worst case silicon scenarios to ensure that users who aren't looking to tune manually don't have to. The amount of voltage needed on both rails is CPU dependant.

    My 9900K is comfortable at around 1.1v on IO and 1.15v on SA at 4GHz.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    79
    Posts
    916

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    Auto rules are designed to cover worst case silicon scenarios to ensure that users who aren't looking to tune manually don't have to. The amount of voltage needed on both rails is CPU dependant.

    My 9900K is comfortable at around 1.1v on IO and 1.15v on SA at 4GHz.


    Those voltages seem right for the CPU at 4Ghz. What RAM speed are you running? Pushing higher speeds (3800+) and up usually requires these voltages to be pushed up as well. I'm curious to see how low other users with a 5Ghz OC on the CPU and RAM speeds over 3600mhz are running.

    For giggles (and because its the weekend and I have time) I dropped IO and SA down to 1.225v each just to see. Maybe I will work on these today. The thread has inspired me This is the last piece of my OC puzzle that I needed to manually work on. It's nice to have finally scored a CPU that clocks so well (5.1Ghz at 1.3v that supports ram at 4000mhz)
    Last edited by mdzcpa; 02-03-2019 at 02:51 PM.

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Enderwiggin03 PC Specs
    Enderwiggin03 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900k @ 5.1Ghz on all 8 cores 1.355v
    Memory (part number)F4-4266C19D-16GTZR @ 4000Mhz CL16-17-17-35 1.45v
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster X AE-5
    MonitorASUS VG248QE
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 500GB m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA
    CPU CoolerEVGA CLC280 with 4x NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM (push/pull)fans
    CaseFractal Design R6
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 1000w
    Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Mouse Pad Logitech Poweplay
    OS Windows 10 Home x64

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    Those voltages seem right for the CPU at 4Ghz. What RAM speed are you running? Pushing higher speeds (3800+) and up usually requires these voltages to be pushed up as well. I'm curious to see how low other users with a 5Ghz OC on the CPU and RAM speeds over 3600mhz are running.

    For giggles (and because its the weekend and I have time) I dropped IO and SA down to 1.225v each just to see. Maybe I will work on these today. The thread has inspired me This is the last piece of my OC puzzle that I needed to manually work on. It's nice to have finally scored a CPU that clocks so well (5.1Ghz at 1.3v that supports ram at 4000mhz)
    Running my 9900k at 5.1Ghz on all 8 cores, and I'm running (reported by BIOS and HWiNFO) VCCIO at 1.248v (have ran at 1.23v) and VCCSA at 1.28v with 4266 Mhz ram running at 3900 Mhz. Sadly I can only run stable with the 0602 bios, the other newer ones for my Z390-E seem to cause serious memory instability, and the 0805 BIOS CPU instability as well. I wish I knew what was changed so I can dial it in better vs Auto settings for some (manual RAM timings don't seem to work, but Auto reads the exact same thing).

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array x-rated PC Specs
    x-rated PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XI Formula - Intel Z390
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K @ 5 GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16D-16GTZR - 4x 8 GB, 4 GHz, 18-18-18-38
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE - 2,1/15,6 GHz
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
    MonitorDell UP2715K - 5120x2880, AH-IPS, 10bit
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro - 1 TB, 3,5/2,1 GB/s
    Storage #2WD Red WD40EFRX - 4 TB, 64 MB, 5400 RPM
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Blackout TG
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i - 1 KW, 83 A, 80Plus Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G403 Prodigy Wired
    Headset Sennheiser HD 660 S
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterHuawei HG8245H @ 1 Gb/s FTTH GPON
    Accessory #1 EKWB Velocity + Vector
    Accessory #2 EKWB XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM + 2x CoolStream XE 360
    Accessory #3 6x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop Fan B12-PS
    x-rated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    203

    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    I'm curious to see how low other users with a 5Ghz OC on the CPU and RAM speeds over 3600mhz are running.
    1,3V @ IO & SA in bios
    4x 8 GB, 4,3 GHz

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    79
    Posts
    916

    Well, here is where I have settled.

    IO @ 1.2v
    SA @ 1.225v

    RAM running at 4000mhz @ 1.35v 17-17-17-37
    CPU runs at 5.1ghz all cores, AVX -2, 1.3v
    Cache running @ 4800mhz


    Feeling happy

  10. #10
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    124
    Posts
    1,818

    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    Those voltages seem right for the CPU at 4Ghz. What RAM speed are you running? Pushing higher speeds (3800+) and up usually requires these voltages to be pushed up as well. I'm curious to see how low other users with a 5Ghz OC on the CPU and RAM speeds over 3600mhz are running.

    For giggles (and because its the weekend and I have time) I dropped IO and SA down to 1.225v each just to see. Maybe I will work on these today. The thread has inspired me This is the last piece of my OC puzzle that I needed to manually work on. It's nice to have finally scored a CPU that clocks so well (5.1Ghz at 1.3v that supports ram at 4000mhz)
    I was talking about memory speed, as we were speaking about VCCSA and VCCIO. The CPU is at 5GHz with no AVX offset @ 1.34v. Memory is 4GHz CAS 16-17-17 1T. As I stated above, these rails are CPU specific.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •