cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Z390-E Motherboard BIOS Issue

EwanRGR
Level 7
Setup a new system with a ROG Strix Z390-E motherboard. Everything appeared fine, and booted into the BIOS, and then selected to update the BIOS (to the latest 805 version). Found the USB stick with the file, appeared to get about halfway through, then the screen appeared to get corrupted. I left it run for another minute thinking it might still be doing something (lights were still on my keyboard and mouse), but then noticed I could no longer move the pointer on the screen with the mouse. Rebooted, and got a message that it was going into BIOS Recovery mode and to put a USB drive with Z390E.CAP on it. I did not see such a file in the downloads, so presumed I needed to download the original BIOS and rename the file accordingly. Did that, rebooted with the USB disk now having that file, and I could see that it hit the stick twice (from the lights flickering). Let that go for another minute or so, then rebooted. Now all I get is a black screen. If I put the USB back in it appears as if it's trying to load (again), but no success.

Help...
0 REPLIES 0