cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of getting either Rog Centurion or Strix 7.1

Metal_Masher
Level 7
Hi

As the topic mentions I'm thinking of getting one of either headsets as the Centurion costs R3,499 and the Strix 7.1 costs R2,999 here in South Africa.
My research indicates that Centurion has the software package (with full EQ editing) while the Strix 7.1 doesn't (so one is stuck with what is built into the device for settings), I have read the mic is better on the Strix 7.1 while there seems to be some audio quality issues with the Centurion one (have seen various solutions on this board as well some tips on YouTube vids on tweaking the setting to sort them out.
I do want a proper 7.1 output in games (I do understand not all games properly output 7.1 from what I have read on this board)
I did look at the versus link someone posted on the board between said headsets and the winner in that case was the Strix 7.1 but I do prefer the Centurion appearance over the Strix 7.1.
So I want your thoughts of over which is better based on your opinion if you have used both Headsets so you would understand the performance of them.
I'm currently saving money so it'll be a couple months before I can either of them so I'm currently looking for opinions on this matter.
1 REPLY 1

Metal_Masher
Level 7
After doing additional research I have decided to stick with the Strix 7.1 headset based on all the positive reviews I have read/watch from various sources.Do you guys agree on this decision.