cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] R5E. Having trouble installing WIndows 10 on a Corsair MP510 SSD (M.2).

Axle_Grease
Level 7
See my PC specs. They're all current.

BIOS: 3801

I've enabled CSM in CMOS setup to see the M.2. drive, ( BTW video output is redirected from the DisplayPort to the HDMI port when I do this. grrrrrrrr)
I have M.2. selected as instructed in the "Rampage V Extreme M.2 Setup And Windows Installation FAQ"
"Windows UEFI" is selected under the "Secure Boot" menu.
"Force MP510" is selected as the 1st boot option. There is no "UEFI: Force MP510" option.
The 8_4 PCIE slot is empty.

So I booted off the Windows 10 install created with Windows Media Creation Tool on a USB stick.
Set country, language, etc... and started installing WIndows 10 Pro in the M.2. SSD. The installation process has no problem copying files, and updating file on the MP510. However, after the first restart I either get a black screen, a recovery BSOD...

https://thewindowsclub-thewindowsclubco.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/0xc000000e-first-6...

What am I doing wrong? My flatmate had no difficulty installing Windows 10 on a M.2 Smasung 960 EVO 1TB, but his motherboard is an R5E Edition 10.

Tony.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown
2 REPLIES 2

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
A UEFI install should have "windows boot manager" as option set in Boot priority AFAIK

Did you disconnect other drives while doing the install?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
A UEFI install should have "windows boot manager" as option set in Boot priority AFAIK

Did you disconnect other drives while doing the install?

I did not disconnect other drives, and there was no "Windows Boot Manager" option for the MP510. What I've just done to solve the problem was clone my Samsung 950 Pro 1TB (SATA 3) OS drive onto the Corsair Force MP510 (M.2) using the Corsair SSD ToolBox and rebooted from the latter. I'm amazed that actually worked. "Windows Boot Manager (Force MP510)" now appears as a BIOS boot option, and BIOS sees the drive without the need for CSM to be enabled, so video is being sent out to the DisplayPort again.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown