cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix GL702ZC did they lie about what it can do?

AgentHunk
Level 8
I have been wondering if this laptop cannot do livestreaming on wifi and gaming...I never would have thought that performance would be cut in half.fps is cut in half while letting someone broadcast in steam...it drops to 30 fps.

disapointed...I thought this laptop was supposed to be a mega monster in everything.......................................
3 REPLIES 3

Stpa67
Level 7
Are you streaming at very high quality and high fps? Can you try to drop the streaming fps and see what happens?

Stpa67 wrote:
Are you streaming at very high quality and high fps? Can you try to drop the streaming fps and see what happens?

I am using steam max bitrate setting and playing the game maxxed out with v-sync on.the public wifi I use is like starbucks go figure...what I mean...all wireless gaming and streaming.

I have a GL702VS (i7-7700HQ, GTX1070) and when playing Dying Light on a roof looking over the view i get 99 fps. When i activate streaming with your settings and connect to my own stream from my GL702VS the fps drops to 86-89 so i get around 14% fps drop.

Not sure if connecting to my own stream is the same impact as others connecting but i do detect a drop in fps.

Comparing performance between GL702ZC and GL702VS the GL702ZC have a much faster cpu up to 100% faster in multi-core while the GL702VS has a much faster gpu around 80% faster.

-EDIT-

Did some googling and your Ryzen should stream better than my 7700HQ and fps cut in half when someone enters seems to be what you can expect. Why i only got 14% fps drop is probably because i connected to my own stream instead of other connecting over the net.