cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use TWO Asus Terminal in one system?

flowyin
Level 7
Hello, I have x470-F mobo which only has one 3 pin ADD-RGB header which supports up top 60 LEDs, however I have 6 fans that have 12 LEDs each along with other strips within the case. So an Asus Terminal within my case would solve that problem. But I would still like to have a second Aura Terminal for Halo, would that work?

Another question I have is, the description says "Each channel supports up to 90 LEDs per channel and 210 LEDs in total, equivalent to a maximum of 4.2 meters of addressable LED strips". But Asus Terminal has 4 channels, which means that 90 LEDs per would be 360 LEDs total. How is the total only 210 LEDs?
1 REPLY 1

1mluer
Level 11
2nd asus terminal might be the wrong direction here. Keep halo separate from other RGB in my opinion and get a powered aRGB splitter generic hub. xspc makes a good generic powered RGB splitter / hub that would work great in this instance in my opinion. I use the RGB hub to drive everything that need RGB 4 pin 5v argb connection while consolidating power and access to the limited aRGB headers on the ASUS MB. The powered hub also picks up the slack.

There may be other products that do this same thing. When I hear ASUS Aura terminal I think PC bias lighting and halo only. Just my 2 cents. There are so many products these days and it's tough to distinguish proprietary products from standard common support products like what I am mentioning.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?110272-What-do-5v-and-12v-RGB-cables-look-like-you-ask
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!